Help on alloy wheels?!?!

Vipond

Ex. Club Member
Hi
Basically I'm wanting to change for my standard k11 SuperS wheels and tyres to a set of 15" Wolfrace Suzukas.
The written spec on them is:

4X100 6.5X15" ET40

and can be fitted with either these to sets of tyres

195/45/15
195/50/15

Would these fit my micra? Will I need to do any modifications to make them fit?
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks very much:laugh:

your best off getting the 195/45/15's - i had my car lowered 35mm on those and it clears nicely.

i've seen people with out lowering go for the 50's but best not risk it :)

Just to hijack this thread for a minute.

Bout to order a set of 15" wheels for my micra. Wasnt planning on lowering the car yet though, will they still look ok?

The reason i ask is flicking through redline magazine and you see all the wee cars with 17" which makes me think the 15" will look to small on my micra. Are the small cars in the mag with 17" had the arches changed aswell to suit though?

I've never modded a car at all before since i only started driving 2 years ago when i turned 17. My insurance on the 1.0l micra for first year was £1600 so understandbly, modding was slightly out of the question!

Wilsonian - Do you have any pics of your car side on. Also how much is the cost of lowering the car? I dont plan to keep my current micra for a long time. The alloys i can take with me to the next one, how difficult are the spring to transfer. My dad is a mechanic so it wouldn't be myself doing the work ! :) Well it probably will be under his supervision, it usually is.

15's look about right on k11's. 16's and 17's will go on but require arch work and will kill acceleration. 15's and lowered looks very smart, and suitable for the k11. 15's not lowered and it looks very high. :p

So im looking at a little lowering then, whats this going to cost me? I dont like the look of a car when its too low. My mate has a micra where the back arch goes slightly over the top of the rear wheel and i think that looks horrible.

If you point me in the right direction of everything i need for lowering i'd be grateful!

To lower it 35mm will set you back about £80ish possibly for springs plus fitting and dampers if you wanted to uprate them. k11 owners will correct me if I am wrong, but 35 is a nice height to lower it by. Will look something like this... :)

29-micra%20157.jpg

my mate had a 1.4 saxo with 17" and it killed his speed - best is to keep with 15" with 45 profile - they look good and you'll still have some speed.

One thing i noticed is the car handled alot better (with the right tyers on! ).

micra man said:
To lower it 35mm will set you back about £80ish possibly for springs plus fitting and dampers if you wanted to uprate them. k11 owners will correct me if I am wrong, but 35 is a nice height to lower it by. Will look something like this... :)

29-micra%20157.jpg

Stunning mate ! :) Looks like the perfect lowering combination.

Back