Help on a headunit

C

CrazyMike

Hi guys,
I recently got a k11 with a crappy cassette player which my dad has locked.

i wanna change it for a half-decent cd player but i want it 2 be cheap and i want it to be REALLY easy to fit.

any suggestions??

any help woul be much appreciated

thanks
mike

how has he locked it? if it comes up with secure leave the ignition on for up to 30mins the ignition before the ignition with lights on the dash that, it can bring it back to the code screen so u can enter the right code

It tells you everything about unlocking your cassette player in the car manual. If I remember rightly it depends how many times you've inputed the code on how long you have to leave it.

Are you after an MP3/CD player or just standard Cd?

Hi guys - thanks a lot for the response.

Lookin at a cheap budget - maybe somethin on ebay. (Approx £100)

I bought the car second hand - didn't come with manual so know nothing about delocking it or the code.
My dad stole my battery to put on his k11 so it reset the radio. Then my dad played around with it and it now says "secure".

I leave it on whilst driving but it still doesnt come up with the code screen again.

TBH i cant stand tape players. Want a nice CD/MP3 player.

I think I could fit it myself cos i'm alright at DIY - just think it may be difficult cos ive never really tried.

Thanks a lot for your help guys.

on std speakers etc... i think all u would need is an ISO block which set u back about £10 its better than snipping all the wires...

alot of people would disagree with me but i'd say sony because i've had no problems with them.

DO NOT go with goodmans i bought one for £60 and it stopped working because it MELTED THE CD!!!!

Alpine is the best but it might be a bit expensive...

agreed, if your after a half decent mp3 player sony would be a good start... There's a guide to fitting a head unit around here somewhere but you may need to be an official member...

Thanks for the response guys.

This might sound a bit dumb but what is an ISO block?

Where can you get one from?

Thanks guys - All your help is much appreciated

Mike

halfords usually ask if you want to buy one when they sell you the HU

its an adapter which changes the standard micra wiring to the universal standard ISO which is what most modern cars have.

any HU you buy new with be wired with ISO now so what i did is cut the micra plugs off and wired the adapter straight on the end...

about £5 i think

i have to disagree with sony HU its fine if u got std speakers but if u upgrade u notice that it isnt actually so good...better option choose something better to start off with that way u wouldnt have 2 upgrade ur HU so quickly if u upgrade speakers :)

Hi Guys - Might look into getting a sony cos they are a name you can trust. But 1st want to unlock the thing first.

I got the car second hand but I got 3 booklets with it - one about roadside assistane (Assure), one about all the warranties and one about all the garages in europe with a map in the back.

Do any of these have the code for the radio in them??

P.s The display shows secure - how do i get rid of that???

Thanks in advanced.

Mike

yeh i got a sony hu, its a ok hu, plus i kinda think they look smarter than most other hu's.

yeh you got given 3 out of 4 booklets, and ur missing the "Micra Owners Manual".

the one with explanation on how to delock is in the..yup uve guessed it... the one u werent given.

well im reading it now, so could tell you what u need to know but dont wanna type an essay of things u might not need, soo first things first....

do you have the 4 digit code??
without it ur stuffed.

secondly, and i quote "After the 20th attempt, the unit will be permanently locked. In this case, please contact your NISSAN dealer".

Also what year is your k11??
Ive got the 98-00 one and with these ones, there is no need to enter a code, as it automatically looks to see if its installed in the right car, if it all matches up to the immobiliser control unit then radio will jus turn on.

Thanks for the reply mate - ive got a 96 k11 shape.

I know it purple but am thinkin of a respray - anyway i got it cos its only got 31000 on the clock.

But have got no 4 digit number - if thats the case, then might aswell invest in a decent headunit.

I'll check them out on ebay - see if they got anyhthing good going for cheap.

Thanks a lot

I'll keep u updated on results

Mike

Hi guys - just another annoying question..........

Which company makes the radio/cassettes in a 1996 k11??

Is it Clarion???

Thanks in advance

Mike

RE: RE: Help on a headunit

CrazyMike said:
Hi guys - just another annoying question..........

Which company makes the radio/cassettes in a 1996 k11??

Is it Clarion???

Thanks in advance

Mike

I have a 96 Shape and had the stock headunit replaced a couple of months ago, so I can confirm that the stock one was Blaupunkt.

Go into your local dealership and ask them for the cde, they will usually give you it for free, then you input the code with the tuner preset buttons, you possibly have to push a button to bring up the input screen, it will say in the manual but I don't have mine to hand.
The audio equipment is all blaupunkt :)

Back