K12 Headunit Install

F

franticorang

Hello I am trying to install a new headunit into my 2003 Micra SX.

I am having real problems getting the fascia off. I have removed the 2 screws under the fascia - the 2 underneath the finishing plate at the top and all the clips around the ducting. It still wont shift. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Andy

i was told you couldnt change the standard head unit in the SX because the CD player thats in there is bigger than a normal one. Have you got a new fascia cover????if so where did you get it because i want to do mine!!CHEERS

Ian

RE: RE: K12 Headunit Install

nismo_k12 said:
i was told you couldnt change the standard head unit in the SX because the CD player thats in there is bigger than a normal one. Have you got a new fascia cover????if so where did you get it because i want to do mine!!CHEERS

Ian

I finally found an answer on google groups that got me most of the way there. Oliver Gunnell is the person to thank!

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/uk.rec.audio.car/browse_thread/thread/f18c8ca167fddc59/ff0d1742290a4e72?q=oliver+gunnell+micra&_done=%2Fgroups%3Fie%3DUTF-8%26q%3Doliver+gunnell+micra%26qt_s%3DSearch+Groups%26&_doneTitle=Back+to+Search&&d#ff0d1742290a4e72

To remove the radio from a K12 (new shape) you need to:

1.remove the rubber strip around doors, near a pillar panels.
2.pull off a pillar pannels
3.pull off little cap near windshield at front left
4.pull off the top of the dash, theyre may be still be a screw somewhere
5.unscrew two screws at the bottom of centre console
6.take out three 10mm bolts on top of headunit - u can see them from the top
7.it SHOULD slide out now - if not look for some more screws or bolts
8.if uve got the computer screen one, u need to unscrew that from the BIG
unit that comes out, the headunit comes out with the screen(or blanking
plate)

It works great. You do need to take the whole top of the dash off or you cant get at the bolts.

Headunit slid in no problem - no size problems at all.

The problem now is that I bought the leads from Car audio direct http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/default.php?cPath=47_720_730

No power to the headunit at all. Either I am missing something pretty obvious or...

Good luck
Andy

Turns out the fascia doesn't fit but this isn't a problem with the Kenwood I bought as it fits so neatly.

The problem with the power turned out to be the stalk controller leads. Works fine without them but no stalk controls :(

Back