Possible electrical problem...

Not too sure what it might be, but recently the alarm on my K11 (was already fitted on the car before I bought it so not sure if aftermarket or not - its controled by the normal immobilising key fob that is standard for micras, if that helps) goes off at random times. It can go off any time of day or night, and sometimes even goes off 3 or 4 times consecutively.

Today I was having my front windscreen replaced (due to a crack following the recent cold spell) and the guy changing over the screen noticed that there was crackling coming from the speakers, even though the engine was off. I've never had this happen when sitting in the car without the engine running. Could this be an earthing issue?

Also, the internal cabin light seems to have fused as well; have to still check if its the bulb or a fuse. Oh, and when i push on the brake pedal (when stationary as it is quieter) i can hear a faint high pitched squeak. Its hard to explain, but sounds almost like an electronicish sound.

Well, I don't know if any of these things are linked but just thought I'd mention everything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I should probably mention that the car in question is a 2001 K11 SE+

Back