Anyone have any experience with NATS alarm systems?

the NATS alarm on my K11 has been behaving erratically in recent months.

When i use the key fob (looks like that standard fob that you get with micras that have remote central locking) to lock the car it beeps once and the doors all lock as well as the alarm arming itself. I should probably also mention that there are two red LED lights on my dash; one is in the usual place near the heating dials (this one seems to flash to inndicate that the immobiliser is active when the key is out of the ingnition), and the other is next to the headlight alignment switch. This begins flashing when the alarm is armed. Everything is fine when the car locks/arms the alarm like this.

But sometimes when I hit the lock button, the car does as mentioned, and then after about five seconds or so there are three consecutive beeps. The alarm seems to arm after these beeps. Whenever the car is secured this way, the alarm almost always goes off (usually at annoyingly early hours of the morning :mad:). I took the car to a local garage but the mechanic couldn't figure out what it might be. It didn't help that the car wouldn't lock with the three delayed beeps whilst I was there. It seemed to behave itself. Maybe my K11 is possessed lol

Anyway, thought I might ask the good folks here to see if anyone might know what the problem could be. Btw, the mechanic did say that intermittent behaviour (especially where electronics are concerned) are normally due to water damage. :eek: I hope not.

edit: sorry for the wall of text

hey there seems that way.... what year is your micra?

as it is common for the ecu's to get wet and they get damaged causing the nats to play up and in most cases stopping the vehicle from even starting, which may be the next step if your not too careful!

there are possibilites to stop this though.... which can be to replace the current ECU with a Fusion Motorsport nats removed ECU which will enable the car to work as normal but without nats....

otherwise nissan can charge upto £500 for the lot to be changed and re-programmed...

PM me for more details

Back