Help plz

C

ChuckleBunny

My car failed its MOT on the headlight bulb being out. Ive just tried to change it but cant see how to get the old 1 out to replace it! Can any1 tell me how to replace it!

hmmm if i remember properly ii think u remove the rubber cap thingy on the back then theres this clip thingy holding the bulb which u should b able to c then u press it in n move it to the side n thats all there is to it the bulb should come out fine

i know no puncuation too lazy also so many thingys :p hoped it helped (dont worry took me like half hr to figure how to get the stoopid thing off too)

Yea, as above really! There is a rubber cap, pull that off, then a small silver clip that holds the bulb in place. Push that in, and then it should pop off, anfd then you can change the bulbs round!
Titch :kungfu:

cheers got the bulb out and replaced it but the dam thing still doesnt work! Is there any common faults i can check? Ive checked the fuses and all OK, but cant think of anything else it could be!

Check all of the connections, there shouls be three pins on the back of the bulb, and also on the connector. Make sure that all of them are clean and if that dosen't work then check all the cables. Also try another blub as tho new one might not be working!

Ill try that after work :down: Dont think its the bulb, the old 1 didnt even look as if its gone!

check the plastic block thing that connects into the bulb all the connections to its fine no wire disconnected from it as on mine its melted n falling to bits also happened to a mates micra i think theres a problem in the light circuit making it over heat or something n melting the plastic or its just cheap plastic heh

Checked EVERYTHING - nothing seems out of place. Gotta get this sorted 2day - retest tomorrow. some1 told me that there could be a seperate fuse - this true or a load of ****? I thought the only fuse for the lights is were all the fuses r next to the imob.

Have you got a multimeter? If not - borrow one.

See if you can check there is voltage getting to the bulb contact pins (do this with the bulb removed).

pre 1998 micra have bad electrics problems for the headlights. design isnt good and was sorted on the facelift. i have spent over £100 on getting one light to be diagnosed and rewired/fixed etc. and it has gone wrong again already. i'm guessing yours is pre 1998?

the problem is fusebox in enginebay and faulty wiring etc. its still not right though. also the stalk where lights are switched can fail too so a replacement maybe be needed, try and borrow one to see if it works again.

Sorted! There was basically nothing left inside of the fusebox next to the bettery. Took it to my local garage got it replaced, now it works :laugh: :laugh: All for a tenner!

Back