Help/Little guide

Anderson

Buy & Sell Member
Hi peeps basically i have some knowladge of my engine and how turbos work and as everyone does at some point i want to charge the micra but finding a guide thats for a cheap North westen like myself is just not coming into my search (unless im just being blind) Could somebody compile a parts list thats needed for the most basic turbo set up and i mean basic just enought to run the turbo im not talking loads of BHP and psi just something simple that will run on stock internals unless the internals that need replacing are very cheap. oh and maybe a simple little rough guide to follow?

oh and i know people are going to suggest doing it properly but im not wealthy at all :( and its more about the learning and experience than the overall outcome i am very likley to go all the way when i have more cash to hand and hopefully more advice when im after it :grinning:

So whats the cheapest turbo set up? (Thanks given to best)

There is no "cheap" way to turbo any car. Your basic setup would/should be;
  • Turbo Manifold (either custom or off the shelf, custom more-than-likely)
  • Down-pipe
  • Turbo, you'd have to ask guys and lass' on here on what they run..
  • Intercooler + all pies and joiners
  • New exhuast system
  • Aftermarket Airfilter
  • New injectors
  • BOV + 3mm vac hose
  • Oil return line
  • oil-pan drilled, tapped & threaded. Oil feed installed.
  • Oil cooler

it is also more than likely you would have catastrophic failure with Standard internals. Start-off by upgrading the internals;
  • Forged Pistons (71mm)
  • Forged/Billet Con-Rods
  • Re-ground crank/knife-edged and balanced
  • Camshafts
  • pulleys (Vernier/Adjustable)
  • New belts (PowerSteering, Altenator, Upgraded Cambelt etc)
Each one of these can be done slowly then you can have a forged engine ready to drop a kit/turbo setup onto!
Don't forget Sparks, A/F, O/F and Oil can make a huge difference so makesure they're changed regular!! You'd have to when you turbo'd!! And then theirs the problem of Turbo timer (to allow time for the tubo do drain the oil off!), boost controler etc etc etc!!

it is also more than likely you would have catastrophic failure with Standard internals. Start-off by upgrading the internals;
  • Forged Pistons (71mm)
  • Forged/Billet Con-Rods
  • Re-ground crank/knife-edged and balanced
  • Camshafts
  • pulleys (Vernier/Adjustable)
  • New belts (PowerSteering, Altenator, Upgraded Cambelt etc)
Each one of these can be done slowly then you can have a forged engine ready to drop a kit/turbo setup onto!

thats a little over kill talking with ed the former part of your post is more than adequate if you want silly power then yes go forged

Standard Nissan internals are already quite strong, so unless your gonna run stupid amounts of boost then standard should be fine

True.. Never here of a Nissan having head problems! but I didnt know how much power you were going to run.

My Pully' has 486at-the-wheels running stock conrods, gaskets and exhaust, forged pistons + rings, uprated injectors and intercooler and an Apexi filter.. gearbox is being rebuilt atm I spun a bearing so I went uprated but.. other than that!

Back