HELP! I can't find a headlight to replace the origonal

0pen2see

I recently brought a K reg K11 1.3 Super S but it has odd headlights. They both fit the same & look the same, but one seems to have a larger internal reflective mirror. I would prefer to keep the larger one & thought I would inquire before I settled for the smaller option.

I have seen the same style on a Micra March. It seems to be a lot brighter too, which is why I am more drawn. I can easily find the smaller version as it seems to be the standard. I just wanted to know if it was going to be an import job.

Not sure if they are plastic lenses. Looks like glass to me. I just noticed they are totaly different. One of the lights has rubber seals for the bulbs at the rear of the light, where the other has plastic screw on seals. At some point it's had a bump on the front nearside corner & the previous owner has just replaced with a standard light.

The V5 doesn't mention imported. Maybe it's because it's one of the first released models. K reg seems to be the start of the K11

I've noticed quite a few parts from newer Micra's don't fit mine. Just the other day I got 2 seatbelt anchors from a P reg at the scrapyard & they didn't fit either.

I think the P reg was the start of the facelifts iirc, but I wouldn't have thought that the seatbelt anchors were changed, as far as I know the changes were mainly cosmetic, perhaps one of the other members could help more on that one, do you have any pictures you could post of your car ?

I have just put 2 pictures in my gallery to show the difference. I don't have a picture close enough of my car at the moment as it's in the garage having a new sump.

The R reg was the start of the face lifts however I've noticed I can't use the seat belt anchors from a Preg (my SR) to an M reg (GF's k11).

what are the lights like on your other super s, if they are the smaller refector type, then maybe the larger one if off an import or something,
or maybe one's for headlight levelers? and one's not?

nissan did change the headlights from the early micras to the newer ones, and i don't mean from pre facelift to facelift. i had two genuine nissan lights only one had the sidelight at the bottom and the other had the sidelight more towards the indicatior...

you may also find that one of them could be a DEPO light. they are a higher quality make and i upgraded my lights to DEPO and then DEPO crystals ;)

the one with the black screw on cap that covers the bulb will be DEPO and should say DEPO on the glass lens at the bottom next to the indicator.

the other one will say Nissan on the glass...

sounds like your car has had a bit of a bump and the garage that fixed it put in DEPO lights for some reason...

I think you are right NEX. The drivers side light looks way better quality than the basic standard passenger side light. The bump was on the passenger side so it looks like origonally they were both the better quality lights.

Where can I get those lights from you mentioned?

The Genuine Nissan headlights differ slightly internally to the 3rd party ones...

The internal reflector for the H4 Lamp is SLIGHTLY bigger on the 3rd party one..

My car is back from the garage now & I just checked. It is DEPO. Where can I get one from?

If I can't find another DEPO for the passenger side I will have to replace the drivers side instead with the standard Nissan headlight because the beams are totaly different & I will be stopped by the police for sure.

How much could I sell the DEPO headlight for?

The beams are very different. Everyone I know has picked up on it with me mentioning it. They say the drivers side looks a lot brighter when I follow them.

Is that £30 each or for a pair

30 each - but this is boxed brand new...

In your case Im almost certain Its the bulbs that are different,

...as the actual headlight wont affect the color or the intensity of the light - unless very noticably scratched etc..

My car is back from the garage now & I just checked. It is DEPO. Where can I get one from?

If I can't find another DEPO for the passenger side I will have to replace the drivers side instead with the standard Nissan headlight because the beams are totaly different & I will be stopped by the police for sure.

How much could I sell the DEPO headlight for?

thought so, I'd take Kristian up on his offer cos i paid £50 for each of mine :(

In your case Im almost certain Its the bulbs that are different,

Hi Kristian, the bulbs are identical. The difference is in the chrome internal reflective mirror. The DEPO one is the full size of the headlight, where the Nissan standard seems to have an inch of it's mirror pressed up against the headlight glass so it must have less reflective area.

I have managed to get a standard headlight for my drivers side from the scrapyard for £10. So I won't be needing a DEPO light after all. Off to fit it right now.

Thanks for your help. At least I learned about different headlight brands. I will sell the DEPO headlight on ebay to cover the cost of my scrapyard find.

Back