HELP! home service gone wrong!

W

woody

hi micra peeps! newbie here, need some of your advice please. just serviced my micra(K11) ,plugs,dizzy,rotor arm,fuel filter,air filter.All seemed well but it now cuts in and out driving and idleing, the fuel pump relay is clicking like a #######. i had look at new plugs and they,re black as hell, the old ones where perfect!
what 'HAVE' i done????

yeah all correct. everthing was fine at first but 2 mins up the road it started to go pear shaped. i'm baffled!

yeah same as old one with arrow facing up. dont understand why pump relay would be clicking or plugs so badly fouled up tho. bizaar!

check the ignition fuse and contacts in the fuse box near the battery, some corrode up and the wires com away causing the same fault

sounds a bit like the timing is out, is the rota arm in properly? or it could be something wrong with the ignition system like a voltage leak, try putting the old leads and plugs back in just to see if that fixes it.

it could be something really strange like the old fuel filter was gunked up with something so some half arsed garage decided that they'd change the fuel pump to a more powerful one and adjusted the mix to compensate, but when you put a propper filter in, the car is now running rich and is so cocking up... i'm kinda clutching at straws here lol,

what i would to is put it back to how it was and see if it runs then change each bit in turn until you find out what what wrong. did you change any of the fluids like the coolant, oil etc?

hope you get it sorted :D

happy new year everyone! i'll check those bits you suggested now thanks NeX! cheers for the advice everyone i'll let you know how i get on.

Back