Help! Healthy Eating at work...

wilsonian

Ex. Club Member
I have a small problem with dinners at work. Sure i could go round to tesco/sainsburys/subway/chippy and pay £3+ a day for my dinner but that drains my bank account pretty dam quick.

So I have started taking my own lunch, problem is I want it to be healthy but cheap.

With this in mind I've spent the last two weeks eating jacket spuds with mayo and tunafish - don't get my wrong it's a lovely dinner but two weeks of that is boring.

After some thought I have decided to get you chaps involved. it's can't cost more than £3 to make and must either be reheatable in a microwave or cooked in a microwave or toaster.

BTW i'm not a vegie!

yeh u can get a huge ass bag of pasta from asda for really cheap...and i mean huge!! it takes about a year to get through it just change what u add to it and have it a few times a week in between jacket spuds and sandwiches lol

more copy and pasting for you to take the wee out of :p

Monday
Wholemeal pitta bread with hummous and chopped vegetables
Low-fat yoghurt
Cherry tomatoes
Tip: For kids with a larger appetite – add some falafel to the lunchbox. It makes a great healthy snack.

100_grapes.jpg
Tuesday
Chicken drumstick with rice salad - fry up some finely chopped onions, mushrooms and tomatoes. Mix together with cooked rice and some salad dressing and serve with cold chicken – a drumstick is ideal
Grapes
Reduced fat crisps or other healthy snack
Tip: Home-made bagel chips are very low-fat and delicious. Slice bagels vertically into thin slices. Brush the surfaces with olive oil flavoured with a little garlic paste and then grill or bake until lightly toasted – they’ll keep in an airtight box for two or three days.​

100_pasta.jpg
Wednesday
Homemade pasta salad with tuna and sweetcorn - make up the pasta as usual (if you haven’t got any leftovers). Mix together with tuna, sweetcorn and some low-fat mayonnaise
Plain popcorn
Reduced-fat Babybel cheese
Tip: If you have pasta for supper one evening – set aside some plain cooked pasta to use for the next day’s lunchbox​
100_orange.jpg
Thursday
[FONT=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Turkey wrap with salad and cottage cheese - try to use good quality turkey from the butcher or supermarket rather than heavily processed meat laced with preservatives and sugar.
Cereal bar
Clementine
Tip: Keep lunchboxes interesting by using different types of breads or wrappings[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]
[/FONT]
100_egg.jpg
Friday
Vegetarian Frittata - combine chopped, cooked vegetables (peppers, onions, potatoes etc) with whisked eggs. Fry for about 7 minutes until set. Put the pan under the grill to brown the top (make sure your handle is ovenproof). Serve cold.
Mini chocolate swiss roll
Carrot batons and cream cheese
Tip: Frittatas are a great way to hide healthy vegetables, so make sure to slip as much as you can in!​

thats a good reply manda - just what I was looking for.

Paddy - i've tried the soup dinners and lost over a stone! LOL

Gemma the day i become a vegie is the day hell freezes over!

Ainsley Harriets lemon and spicey Cous cous is quite nice, bung in some warm water and zap it in the microwave, mmmm maybe sprinkle a little lemon juice on top and yum :D

Back