HELP! CRYSTAL HEADLIGHTS! ALL KINDS OF WEIRD STUFF HAPPENING!

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
Hi all, i just installed my crystal headlamps from depo. They are brand new. I thought installing headlights would be quite straight forward, but it was nightmare after nightmare! I was putting in the HID kit but i gave up and went back to halogen. i thought this would solve some of the problems. ok... first of all with the depo headlights, the indicators are ON all the time. the parker lights dont work on park light mode. and when you indicate, the blinkers flash really quickly and the parker light flashes as well! SOMEONE HELP! I just installed them today and it was raining. they've already started to fog up on the inside! has anyone experienced the same? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

CMF_micratech

» CMF Member
This is a common problem when installing the jap spec headlights in a non jap spec Micra..

Just use a very small screwdriver to undo the pins in the connector and place them in the right positions..

Its the wire for the parklight and the turnlight you have to change with eachother!

Good luck!

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
You might be having trouble installing them, I'm having trouble getting mine (and Alex's) into australia!!! :p

The fogging - you'll have to pull them out again and stick em in the oven, pull the glass from the geadlight and re-seal it with your own (clear) silicone.

On another note - how do they look?

cheers

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
i feel a bit better now that i know its a common problem. but micratech, how do i know which pin goes where? also, why are the lights doing different things? ie, parker only blinks (when indicating) on the left side. parkers dont come on either.

Yom, is it difficult to take them apart? is this fogging a common problem too?

these lights have caused so much grief!

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
unfortunatly the old forums had everythnig you needed to do too fix the wiring and the fogging. Maybe someone who has them can re-post it or does someone have a copy of what too do?

Alex

ps. no need to type your topic titles with CAPS lock on champ. I understand your really ticked off, just give the lads who already have the crystal lights a chance to fill you in :D

cisco

» CMF Member
Its cool GTRHOLIC, just do some simple trial and error.
Its just a couple of simple circuits, work out what happens when you turn what on, that will help you work out which wires are which, and swap them around into the right positions.

Probably help to write down a simple table with actions (i.e. headlights on, left blinker on) in one column, and the result observed in the other column etc.

It was the same with me installing the Japanese bubble rear light clusters, but you work it out pretty quickly.

CMF_micratech

» CMF Member
Simply switch the red and green (i think) wire places..
So the red is where the green was, and the green is where the red was..

Also check out the wireing on your old headlights just to be shure!

Hope this helps..

Cheers
Are

Back