• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Help appreciated.

Hi everyone! I'm new to the thread! I recently just bought a 2004 nissan Micra 1.2 for £50... The car had been sitting outside for the best part of 5 years. A service and a new battery the car fired straight up and passed an MOT! However I have a few questions.

1st question - I've noticed that the rev gauge is quite bouncy, like if I don't change gear smoothly it bounces and then finds the right revs, it's only for a split second. It also doesn't seem to go up or down smoothly either. not sure if this is a normal thing for Micra's?

2nd question - I've also noticed that's there is abit of a grinding noise under the bonnet, like a bearing or something. I've also noticed when the engine is warm it sounds abit more tappt than when it's cold?

3rd and final question, the gears seem to stick abit and aren't very smooth do you think an oil change will sort the issue?

It was a cheap car and I love it so I'm willing to spend a little bit of money on it considering it's only done 70,000 miles and passed an MOT first time after 5 years. Thanks everyone.

Back