help after car brocken into

my son has p reg micra shape and had his steering lock smashed off can anyone help in how to sort it out can i get a steerng lock from the local breakers complete with keys and put it in, the engine starts but cuts out and the engine managment light is flashing any help apreciated bazzzz

Nats has kicked in, the transponder ring around the barrel will have busted,

you will need the ignition barel (assuming its not damaged the column)
set of keys,
transponder ring and the whole nats system recoding.

thanks for your reply

we are picking the lock and keys and ect tomorow dont want to be a pain but what is Nats short for thanks for taking time to reply cheers bazzz

spares from ?????

Hi guys thanks for your help i managed to get the parts from. ATLAS SALVAGE ST HELENS MERSYSIDE it all came to £15.00 for a steering lock with keys and a pair of traficators ie lights and indicators also all the covers for the steering colum not a bad price very tidy yard,, it is on JACKSON ST, ST HELENS FINGERPOST AREA thanks again all tell 01744611141

what shape is the switch behind the barrel lock,,damage??
was the nats /nits pick up ring damaged on it ????

the pick up ring and the steering lock went missing after the break in probably full of finger prints so been slung somwhere the new lock came with thepick up ring on and the chap in atlas salvage said to tape the old key to the new lock along side the pick up transducer and it should work ok

not started it yet

maybee start it tomorow weather permiting it did start after the break in but only 2 min then stopped but start again and same again

I've been to the same scrappys. It's great but the whole place was under about a foot of mud when I went :laugh:.

key with chip init- pick up ring- ecu-and another device,left of dash are pair'd it s

eems,,,,,,,maybe all that apart from ecu

maybee start it tomorow weather permiting it did start after the break in but only 2 min then stopped but start again and same again

scrap yard

How long ago did you go because i been going 7years and the yard is all concrete and tidy maybee it was MALEYS YOU WENT TO YOU NEED WADERS THEIR you cant miss atlas it has got a masive gas supply tank in supplying st HELENS

I guess you're right then, must have been Maleys. I went to get a small bonnet to practise and see if you could weld car thickness steel. Ended up with a bloody Mondeo bonnet :eek:. Managed to get it home though :).

car still wont go

ive just fitted all new lock and bit for the code reader but the car still starts for a few seconds and then stops but starts again and does the same ???????????????????at a loss know

don't put the old key near it, that transponder is no longer working, if it is in range it will trip the NATS. bin the old key.

Back