K12 won’t start after battery charges

Hi
Hopefully someone can help…my son has a k12 micra with not many miles on the clock and unfortunately doesn’t use as much so ultimately battery kept going flat. At first this was fine as I used to re charge and then using google there was a procedure to go through involving pressing key fob twice, locking door etc , this worked fine. However my son tried to jump start and put leads on wrong way and apparently blew the ECU unit, this has been replaced now with a reconditioned one and was fine until battery went flat for first time since ecu changed, so I removed battery and charged fully put back on and again nothing on turning key I had an electrical guy come out to plug in his machine and he couldn’t work out fault so I low loaded it back to original garage and they are now saying there not a lot they can do ! It seems a massive shame to have to scrap the car as it’s worth a lot to us but don’t want to spend yet more money. it’s the original key from old ECU unit. Any help or ideas would be appreciated

Try checking all the fuses, and have the ECU inspected, but the main point I will advice is to get a battery solar trickle charger put in the dashboard for periods of inactivity, I made my own but you can get them from Halfords or e-bay I recommend at least 10-15 Watts as there is a 30% reduction in efficiency when behind the glass in the car.

Back