Help ; 165/60 R14 75.....

Hi @ll
I just bought new tyres 165/60 R14 75 few questions ;)

1. What is 75 ? Height ?
2. What can i do, I mean what size of rims would I buy and where to have this look :)

DSCF2853.jpg

DSCF2857.jpg

That is what I want to achieve with my tires sizes Please HELP !!! :) !!!

165/60 R14 75
That doesn't make sense. The 14 means it's a 14" wheel. 165 is the width of the tread and 60 means the height of the tyre (or profile) is 60% of the width :). Dunno where that 75 came from :confused:.

It says 75 H maybe it is a model :) no idea...do not worry about that....

What do you think with this tire 165/60 R14 should go to get this look ? That would help :)

Thanks :) Now I know More and more everyday I learn something NEW :)

Back to story :)

What do you think I should do with my size tires sell them and get ...yeah what you suggest ?

You C lads, I have k11 2000 1.0....and thinking instead of selling it away ... I thought to invest in it cause it has good body :)

I was told by some fellas here MSC to start with tires and lowering suspension :) That is why I try get some help.

Then I want to get 1.3 engine etc..but this is further future...first suspension and tires :) So please if you have any suggestions or ideas where to start to improve my rocket baby :)

It them pictures Mark is running on 13x6 and 13x7 wolfrace slot mags (redrilled from 4x108 to 4x100) not sure on tyre size, cut springs to give the ride hight

Of course it looks nice it belongs to Mr Bognor
Thanks karl.

It them pictures Mark is running on 13x6 and 13x7 wolfrace slot mags (redrilled from 4x108 to 4x100) not sure on tyre size, cut springs to give the ride hight

7"s all round one pair were re-drilled 4x108 one "pair" were 4x4".

I Wish it still looked like that. But I prefer being married to having wide wheels.

Mr Pawel, you'll be needing wheels 7" wide and around et10 or a bit less offset. Google offset and do some reading if you dont already "get it". The best way I found to understand it was to actually draw some wheels on paper, you only need to draw the top (or bottom half) in cross section.

13 or 14" diameter would do the job. Those tyres are 165/55 R13 around 7x13 Et10 wheels* (no idea what speed and load rating they are) they are Accelera Gamma's - chosen over the similarly priced Nangkangs because they didn't have a rim protector moulded into the side wall. I've no idea what an equivalent radius 14" tyre would be but www.willtheyfit.com will help you sus that out, and help you compare how various wheel and tyre combinations could look. For reference the stock steels are 5x13 with 155/70 tyres . - someone else will have to fill you in on the 14" wheel specs.

*this is meaningless on the rear, on wheel was lower et and the panhard rod was uncorrected.

Thank you Mr. Markbognor , That was veeery helpful :) I shall try and do it and read more about off set :) I do admit have no idea about the subject That is why i ask questions :) Thank you again :)

1. it is the offset, it means that the mounting surface of the wheel is 10mm towards the front of the wheel from the centre line. simmilarly et-7 would mean the mounting surface would be 7mm in from the centreline
2. No.

ooook got it :)

So i would have 3 options ;)

1. Stay with my r14 tires 165/60 and try to find a rim for it so it looks bad ass
2. Buy 15 inch 185/45 new ones... :(
3. or do as you did R 13 165/55

You cee i need help here cause i want to have old school look to it and You have it on yours :) sound like it Yes that is ENVY :)

Any suggestions ?

How low should I go ? 35mm ?

There are plenty of cool 14" wheels around just search eBay and on the web, how low you should go depends on how much you're willing to spend and how far your wheels will allow you before you get tyre to arch contact

Agree Karlj ...but u c i bought quite good tires 165/60 r14 and do not want to loose money on them :) I know there is tones and tones of them on Ebay and many more that is obvious....but I thought YOU ( MSC ) members would help me out to get a bad look out of this SIZE TIRES I HAVE...and I would prefer to get look like i have quoted above :)
I know it is annoying for YOU @LL..but please do understand I am a NEW B in this matter so you WERE one day :) That is why I am here...I would like to get some help to get my k11 to be bad ass car :) like YOU all have it :) . If you do not mind I should be here for some time to gain knowledge and share with you with my progress. :)

Anyway I will try to find Steel Rims 7 inch wide :) for 14`` for my tires...if you would have seen some please let me know. I know it is easy and spend some amount of money in halfords and buy shiny rims...but I want kind of old-school :) look to it :)

Anyway thank you for your help so far :)

No one is getting annoyed, I think it's a case that people dont quite understand what you are after exactly.

If you're after a low wide stance then 14's are going to be difficult cause I've only found a max width of 6.5" someone might be able to point you in the right direction for wider.

On another note if you want stretched tyres stock ride hight looks stupid so it'd be worth lowering you're car first (50mm should work to start with)

Lads...you very helpful toady :) Thanks for ideas....but yep there is but.....

I was on the way last night on quite bumpy roads somewhere outback in Ireland :) As you know I wanted to get this old school low ride look like 13`` 7j Mr Bognor car :) ,but don not you think that those bumpy roads would not be suitable for that 13``?

KarlJ ; I`d say you are right stay with 14` get these (THANK YOU - DizyySPELL) http://www.ebay.de/itm/4-BCW-Steffa...Auto_Felgen&hash=item19d126e756#ht_656wt_1185

And still lower on 50mm ? Would that work ? on my bumpy roads?

Back