Hello

M

M1CR4

Im new to this Board.
I drive an Evo but my girlfriend is looking for a Micra. Which model should she go for? She wants the new fugly 1 which i believe is the K12. She said 1 tried to race her in the Evo and it looked really fast. Not sure if she had the Evo stuck in 5th gear with plenty of lag;)
I know there is an SR160 but thats not 160bhp but 100:S
Do they do a more powerful version?

not as yet fella, 160SR is the quickest one they do...not to say that it will be the last quick one tho!!
The k12 is a pretty good car, I had one...once...it was only a 1 litre but was a good handling car, if you can put up with the little niggles, ie. trim isnt brilliant - have been some other problems too.

Sure someone will be along shortly to help you more...

Welcome to the MSC

JK

Is it screwed together better than a french car? I know they share the same engines with clio's???

nah the 160sr engine (hr16de) is jap all the way, basically a bigger bore of the 1.5 hr15de in japan. so good news there.

welcome to msc :)

she wants a micra/ is she bloody mad? id stick to the evo :)
i love them, evo's are sweet
im that shallow i would go out woth a lad who owned an evo lol... but hey i cant talk now im having the baby lol (plus i love brett)

She should get the cute k11 and have the 200sx or the gtir engine in it.. now thats sweet... but not as close as the evo....

ill drive the evo and noone would seem fast because i was going to quick :)
i think she musta had it in 5th :)

hey you seem cool
keep in touch and get your gf to join up... were a friendly bunch...

my msn is [email protected]

not the 1.6 engine, i think the use the same diesel engine and some of the smaller petrol engine. the 1.6 micra engine is micra only :) so tuning is still a bit difficult all custom work needed.

iirc the 160sr shares the same wing mirrors and a few other things like that.

ps what evo you got? they my fav car lol

ivre heard the same too about the clio engine mate but i think its all a lie... anyway who in the right mind would put a crappy french engine in a micra .... they must be screwed...

seems you will have a mini fan club soon because my fav cars are evo's... followed by the supra...

haha. no the Evo is my car.
She drives it though.
After hearing a Micra raced her and she didnt win by a country mile, she is no longer allowed in it!;)

Evo VI... IMO the best...
Im not keen on the Supra's tbh. I would have had a Liner... but there more like Ocean liners! There HUGE. The Evo looks a lot smaller but its not that much smaller on paper.
There also a bit too much cash as well. It would have to be a Blue R34. Which are still going for 30k.

hey add me evo dude
what spec is your evo?
mark 6's are the best but hey mark 8s are nice too

i understood that the evo was urs but she should drive it good and hard...

aha we posted at the same time...
good choice on cars
can u add me to msn because i dont think msc will be too impressed with me talking about evos in a micra site....

^^^yup, i've only driven the vii good fun lol, always liked the styling of the v myself, but the winner at the mo is still the viii fq-330 :)

any how back on topic, if ya got any more micra questions feel free to ask. theres also a k12 section in the main forum, have a lok around it for a bit more info.

:)

This is a pretty quick forum! I posted all the replies at 1s so its a little hard to follow. I dont mind talking about Evo's in here:grinning:
TBH rather talk about the Evo than a Micra;)

She would like a CC but we're looking second hand TBH. half the reason i joined. Are there any for sale? And what price should i be looking at?
Should i buy from a dealer. I wouldn't normally i know a reasonable amount about cars. But if they offer good aftersales etc and with it been under warrenty it maybe worth it?

Back to the Evo again;)
I went for the VI like you say the VI looks nice. But there are little difference to the looks. Basically the VI has a square ofset number plate to allow a bigger air intake. A slightly different spioler because of rally rules and a bit more power;) The arches are the same.
I like the new Evo's but the VI is the old skool 1 i had when i was at school!

true with the evos mate.

as for the micra, the 160sr only came out in september so new will probly be your best bet, might find one on auto trader tho. they start at 10 grand new, but come loads of stuff as standard like multichanger cd, ac, etc.

if you go for an older one say with a 1.4 then they'll be plenty to choose from second hand, personally i'd get the 160sr, (nearly did lol) or the cc new if possible :) (just a personal choice incase i offend the k12 owners)

hope u dnt mind me asking but how old are u? and whats the insurance like?
i was goign to the extreme a month back think it was my pregnancy hormones etc
because i was goign to a 2.4l landy as in old school landy and insurance was only a couple of hundred
but i think people have persuaded me to keep my micra and do it up... its common for the 2l gti r engine to go in them but the 200sx is a sweet engine and a good swap.... and look at how much is available for the 200sx..

hey evo dude have u ever brought your evo to the the cheltenham cruise?

if you want a c+c wait a couple of months. nissan cant sell the C+C so there going to drop the price....upto 2 grand in some places...but you didnt hear that from me OK!

The above is true as well. i have my sources...daddy lol

'oh you've got a evo! you're amazing! be my friend!' pink princess you're as shallow as a puddle!

by the way think you should get a 160sr for sure, after driving the evo doubt any other micra will be enough

Back