Hello, General Parts Question

W

WalkingDead

Hi,

Newbie checking in and looking for some advice too... surprise surprise :D

I've been running a nice wee green K11 series Micra 1.3 Si for a couple of years and I'd like to tidy it up a bit (89K genuine on the clock, full dealer service history). I could do with advice for economically sourcing spares / repairs for the following:

1. LHS fog lamp surround got destroyed when I drove over a shredded lorry radial at some speed on the A9. The radial whiplashed and smashed the plastic around the fog light assembly. I've currently got the fog light held in place using plastic tie-wraps. Are the surrounds readily available for purchase? How about fitting? My Haynes K11 manual doesn't seem to show a procedure for replacing this part.
  2. The car also took a knock in a Glasgow NCP car park (I think the car in front rolled back into it) that pushed the front bonnet very slighty out of shape. Whats the going rate for a new bonnet? Or should I be looking at getting a bodyshop to hammer it back into shape?
  3. My missus has scraped my lovely Nissan alloys along the kerb. What's the going rate for a replacement set?

The car still scrubs up quite well, it drives great and it's pretty clean considering it's a T-reg. I don't want to got OTT on dealer repairs if I can do some of the work myself. I'd rather save the cash for fitting out with an improved stereo system, or at least a bloody CD player.

Any advice appreciated ;)

Cheers.

Peter.

Hi and welcome to the site, another Scottish member (Y)

For your questions.

1. Try scrappies and look for bumpers the same as yours and take the surround and replace it that way.
2. Bonnets are around £90 new, then painting probably around another £100 ontop of that. Again try and find one the same colour in a scrappy that isnt damaged. You could also see how much panel beating would be.
3. For the alloy it would be around £40-50 to refurb one, that would included taking off, refitting the tyre, balancing etc. Probably cheaper than buying a whole set of 4 alloys.

Back