Hello from Stirlingshire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello folks. I'm new here. I've just bought a 2001, K11 Micra 1.0 litre S in dark metallic blue. Cost me £999. It has done 93k miles, which is more than I'd like. The car had nor service history but a fairly lengthy test drive and check over revealed no faults I could find. (other than the new fault ( stalling) I'm now posting about elsewhere on this forum)
I quite like the car so far. It seems pretty well built for a small budget car, much better than a Citroen ZX I had for a while but not as good as my Saab 9000, but then it cost a quarter of the amount when new.
It seems to handle OK, turns well but gets a bit flighty when the speed gets up to 60mph +. I'm still in the "oh no!, have I baought a plug?" phase of ownership when every rattle and squeak seems to signify the expensive demise of essentail componants. I'm hoping it will all work out. I've bought this car to replace my Honda VFR 750 motorcycle which was written off by a woman in a Range Rover recently ( I didn't see you....etc) She was charged by the cops , but with a wife and two kids I've decided to give up bikes for a while and play it safe. I was attracted to the Micra'cos I've always liked the look of them and I've read that they are reliable , well built and economical.
Plus it has a timing chain just like my good old Saab ( a 1997 2.3 turbo running on LPG).
Anyway..hello and I hope this is the start of a fruitful relationship.

Wul

Hey there Wulbert!

You'll find all the advice you'll need here!

Except from me....I'm useless! :D

Welcome! :)

get a 1.6 slapped in it lol

or if your feeling brave,consider taking notes from my new project,a 2.0 litre 16 valve conversion into a k11, otherwise known as the sr20de or cherry top,cant wait

p.s, im just down the road at lockerbie

Hello and Welcome to the Club and enjoy your stay. Have you got any pics of the Micra....

how-do wul (Y)
dont worry, once you,ve got it running right, you,ll grow to love it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back