Hello from new member

Hello everyone,
Got my first Micra on Monday, Its a 1992 1.0 Pheonix 39,000 miles and completely unmodified. must have been a lucky day as it also come with its original sales documents and manuals and also all MOT's with FSH.
I am planning to keep it as a concours car despite been very impressed by the modified cars that I have seen. Hoping to get some photos up soon.

Regards

DAZ

album.php

Hi and welcome :D Look forward to seeing your pics esp now you have said it will be concours :D I know exactly how much time money and effort goes into concours cars (Y)

Hi again, thank you for your messages. Took her on the motorway probably for the first time ever, ran well have bought some of the stuff needed to take her up to concours condition just waiting for a nice dry weekend.

You'd be suprised at the amount of modern cars that are in concours in varying classes, wether that be Working class, original or modified. The hard one to do is pure concours, everything, and I mean everything, has to be exact. I know from doing my Ford Granada, every rusty bolt, washer etc has to be replaced with the original item some of which are very hard to find. Everything from stickers down to the colour of the coolant will be judged.

Tyres are even judged on whether they are are the correct fittment, make and tread pattern, extra points are awarded if they still have the wee rubber nobbly bits, I know I've got them, fitted to a set of brand new wheels bought from Ford.

Concours is very very hard to correctly and requires deep pockets and patience, so far the Granada has been off the road for 2 years being prepaired. Only problem with having one is once it's done, all that effort to take it out in the rain...... I think not....and if it's caught in the rain that means a major clean of the floor pans especially if you remove the underseal and suspension components, not to mention the weekly saga of maintenance to ensure that all those new metal suspension parts don't go rusty by spaying on some wd40 and wiping everything down as it wouldn't look good when the mirrors are positioned under the car at shows if it were rusty.

There are of course some who's concours cars never even go on the road, they are known as "trailer queens" for obvious reasons. It's good you have the original BOS, and manuals, tax discs from day one are good to have as well along with brochures, original dealer plates and stickers. Some people even have the display signs from the shoowroom to go with the car.

All in all, good luck with the concours project and look forward to seeing some piccys cause I ain't doing another one(Y)

Lachlan (weestar84's hubby)

I love the idea of concours but it does seem like disneyland for the OCD inclined. I know if I started I'd never stop. I would end up on the garage floor with a lot of very clean car parts lying around me but none of them stuck together :laugh:. I told myself the other day that it's stupid keeping all my old tax discs and throw them away. I was convinced that I was being silly and that nobody keeps old tax discs.

Very true about the OCD, there are never any cotton buds in the house, there all in the garage so hubby can clean the tread on the tyres:laugh::laugh: He spends some amount of time on it, I mean he's got Sky tv in the garage to keep him company:laugh::laugh:

Back