Interior fans stuck on full

Hi everyone,

I have a Nissan Micra K12 (2003), and my interior fans are stuck on full unless the ignition is off. It also has climate control so instead of selecting what heat setting you want it on, you select the temperature.

If I turn the fans off at the switch a fan is still on under the dash somewhere but no air comes through the vents. If the fans are on at the switch, then regardless of the setting (1, 2, 3 or 4), it'll always be on full.

Am I correct in thinking this is the blower motor resistor, and replacing this would fix it?

Thanks in advance,
Conor

Last edited:
For anyone with a similar issue, the OEM part number for the blower motor resistor was: F657165W/M, I have ordered a replacement so I'll update the post to say whether it works or not.

Additionly, you'll need a Torx T20 screwdriver bit to remove the blower motor resistor.

Some times caused by a loose connection.
The blower might be okay.
Did you search for this first.
There is a post saying about this problem.
You can search to find the answer.
The blower still spins as you described.
Renewing it will be better however.
The wire may still cause the same problem you are experiencing.

Sent from my ASUS_T00P using Micra Sports Club mobile app

I did search for this first and nothing came up, could you send me a link to the post you found please?
The part itself is relatively inexpensive so I don't mind giving it a try, and if it doesn't work then it's probably due to a loose connection.

Here is what you should be reading.
Goodluck with solving the problem on yours.
It might be best to replace the part in your case however.

Sent from my ASUS_T00P using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Last edited: