heeeeeeeelllpppp

Bence_Fs

Wha Tank
sorry for the dramatic title lol!

A friend who "knew" what he was doing installed 10" sub and amp for me earlier, the mutant X package out halfords if any of you have heard of it...

It was running like a dream until my cd player and amp just stopped working,

I checked all connections, fuses on the amp and wiring and the cd player. everything looked fine. eventually noticed behind my head unit that the earth wire was out.

Figured this may have been the cause of the whole thing, am i right in saying a fuse has blown? or a wire has shorted or something?

I dont know what to do about this lol never had to go to a garage for an electrical fault or anything. and i aint takin it to the nissan dealer to get ripped off

if theres no power anywhere theres a 99.9% chance its a blown fuse

the earth lead is not connected at the back of the CD player, the micras are earthed through the metal cage, but try earthing this wire somewhere and see if it makes a difference.

be sure to cheack the fuse at the back of the CD player.

If it's a Kenwood HU, it might have speaker short-circuit protection.

Mine had and got me confused for a bit. If the speaker lines are shorted, the thing shuts off and needs a reset before it will come on again.

To reset, on mine (KDC6531), you insert a paper clip or something into the small hole on the front panel to press the reset button.

Rich

ive got the same package, check the fuse from the red wire that connects to the positive terminal of your battery (Y)

bal said:
if theres no power anywhere theres a 99.9% chance its a blown fuse

the earth lead is not connected at the back of the CD player, the micras are earthed through the metal cage, but try earthing this wire somewhere and see if it makes a difference.

be sure to cheack the fuse at the back of the CD player.

Definately run a seperate dedicated earth wire to the car chassis, its only a 2 minute job.

"I checked all connections, fuses on the amp and wiring and the cd player. everything looked fine. eventually noticed behind my head unit that the earth wire was out."

You mean its not connected? If so, connect it up.

Also, how is the amp setup, what is the gain on the amp set to, etc? And do any of the amp lights come on at all, or does it appear dead?

Back