Heater fan

The daughter has a 2001 micra, the heater blower motor is working but not much is blowing through the vents. I have felt to see if i can feel any leaks but cant feel any. Has anyone got any ideas what it can be??

cheers

The daughter has a 2001 micra, the heater blower motor is working but not much is blowing through the vents. I have felt to see if i can feel any leaks but cant feel any. Has anyone got any ideas what it can be??

cheers
I too have a Daughter with a 99 Micra and the air flow from the vents is pathetic even with the heater fan on maximum.

I reved the fan and felt iside and there seems to be a filter or something in the duct work.

I will try to get the hoover in there

Gents,

I removed the blower fan and motor and shoved my hand up inside and sure enough there was something like a concertinered fabric filter. I got the vac and taped a length of 15mm foam pipe insulation to the hose as the bend is too tight for a normal pipe. I then waggled the thing blindly around in the cavity trying to make the end hit the filter.

Afer a few minutes I withdrew the hose and replaced the fan and hey presto we have airflow !. Even the two vents in the middle of the dash have air whereas before they were dead.

Back