Heater fan not working?

Hi,

My daughter's little roller skate has a problem with the heater fan.

It works at full blast (4th click on the rotary control I think) but not at all on the other lesser settings.

Any ideas?

Cheers

heater card .... its situated passenger side footwell up behind the glove box ...2 screws that need removing and it will just pull out ...the card is in a connector press the clip to release the card.... replace or you can try repairing it......... me i just bought a new 1

heater card .... its situated passenger side footwell up behind the glove box ...2 screws that need removing and it will just pull out ...the card is in a connector press the clip to release the card.... replace or you can try repairing it......... me i just bought a new 1

Thanks for that, Andy. (Y)

Yup, found it and whipped it out. But by looking at it there can't be any way of repairing it, it's just 4 connections into a card as far as I can see!!

you could also fix the card by scraping off the burnt resister and bridging the gap using conductive paint or demister repair paint if you have any.

if not, then a card from the scappys is cheap enough

Just found one on ebay for £20, so I hope it does the trick!

I read on another thread that you should disconnect the battery before replacing it. Is this really necessary?

i should have 1 working theyr from the scrappy why not use the above mentioned teqnique of rubbing of the little resistor i think its the only thing stiking up on the curcuit bord take it of scratch some of the curcuit bord exposing the copper under neath then apply the solder or conductive paint cheapest way still

Hi had this problem on my wife's K12 , luckily i found a digital workshop manual , which told me where to locate the resistor card. It had burned through for speeds 1 and 2 , i tried soldering but could not get the solder to take on the thin resistor , what i did was use some 3am fuse wire to rap arong the broken resistor then soldered the ends together , seems to work fine so far.
I have full wiring diagrams from the workshop manual if any one needs them and how to get to the resistor.
Continuity test between 1 and 2 is 32ohms , 1 and 3 is 1.4ohms and 1and 4 should be 2.7ohms. It was a simple fix but do not damage the none conductive layer that keeps the resistor from the heatsink.

i was going to ask this question myself as the heater in my 51-plate 1.0 is the same,only works on highest setting....it seems to be a common fault then with most micras? as i looked at a '95 N plate one last week and that was the same...be interesting to see what its like in the '93 L 1.0LX i've just bought,once i go and pick it up,and once the car has life in it,its dead at moment,drained battery i think and faulty alarm preventing it starting,car has been stood nearly a year.

i was going to ask this question myself as the heater in my 51-plate 1.0 is the same,only works on highest setting....it seems to be a common fault then with most micras? as i looked at a '95 N plate one last week and that was the same...be interesting to see what its like in the '93 L 1.0LX i've just bought,once i go and pick it up,and once the car has life in it,its dead at moment,drained battery i think and faulty alarm preventing it starting,car has been stood nearly a year.

poor little thing--a whole year ahhhhhh do it justice!

I asked the Nissan dealer in Sweden what a new card would cost and they said £36 which is cheaper than what I've found on Ebay. (Nissan Sweden call it fan resistance) Is it much more expensive in UK?

Back