heater blower help

CMF_Wallie

» CMF Member
was wondering if the heater blower is connected to the A/C fuse, when i turn the fan speed knob it blows the fuse for the A/C, i have no idea if the blower has died or the relay. anyone else had this happen and could enlighten of anything else to check my Haynes is proving quite useless for info

CMF_azman89

» CMF Member
Sounds like a short in the clutch coil in the compressor.
Unplug compressor wiring, and with battery disconnected, check for continuity in the wiring, making sure you get no continuity when referenced to earth (one lead of the multimeter on earth)
If you get continuity to earth, you have a short in the vehicles wiring harness. Locate and rectify fault or run a new wire.
You can also use a multimeter to check resistance of the coil in the compressor. If it's a single wire (which i think it is) then one lead of the multimeter goes on that wire and one lead goes to the body of the compressor. You should see a resistance. If the resistance is zero ohms, your coil has a short in it. Replace compressor.

My money's on compressor.

Aaron.

CMF_azman89

» CMF Member
Oh, this is assuming of course, that you have the a/c switch engaged when you are attempting to turn the heater on...
If the a/c switch is OFF when you are doing this and the A/C fuse blows, then YOU'RE STUFFED BUDDY. I kid, i kid. The blower motor has a separate fuse to the a/c compressor. So check those things first and make sure it's not the compressor or wiring and let us know.

Aaron.

Back