K11 Fan heater/blower switch

CMF_jemraid

» CMF Member
My 1993 K11's heater switch suddenly packed it in, the first three settings slower, slow and medium, don't work the fourth and fastest one does, this nearly blows me out of the car and roasts me when hot:)

Does anyone know if this is likely to be the switch or the fan motor that is faulty?

Most grateful for any help.

Regards - Jem

CMF_jemraid

» CMF Member
Dear Madrabbit,

Many thanks for the info, I was able to locate the Fan Resistor this morning, phoned the local dismantlers Court Autos here in Birmingham. They retrieved one from a scrap K11 and I fitted it this afternoon, it works fine and cost £6.

I'm very grateful to you.

Jem

CMF_Thomas_Scanlon

» CMF Member
You can actually fix these. At the second Resistor track ie between pins 2 and 4 corrosion usually sets in. If this is not badly corroded, judicious use of a soldering iron usually bridges this if you can clean it to metal for solder to stick. I know this is a mess, but it's the third time to do it as I'm damned if I'm giving Nissan euro 70+ for something like that! You may want to think about using a small (v.small) flame torch as Solder doesn't seem to want to adhere to surface after second time.

CMF_Thomas_Scanlon

» CMF Member
Here are some Pics.

Regards, Tom.

Attachments

• 15963.jpg
    15963.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 35

CMF_kh_16v

» CMF Member
Hello everybody,

I also found a fan resistor from a scrap K11 (1993) with the following Nissan part number: 27150-41B05. Can I use it instead of the 27150-72B01 part? Or is it originally made for an other Nissan vehicle?

Thanks for the info.

Greets

CMF_Madrabbit

» CMF Member
kh_16v WROTE:

"Hello everybody,<BR><BR>I also found a fan resistor from a scrap K11 (1993) with the following Nissan part number: 27150-41B05. Can I use it instead of the 27150-72B01 part? Or is it originally made for an other Nissan vehicle?<BR><BR>Thanks for the info.<BR><BR>Greets

27150-41... was the original early K11 part number.

The resistor has been superceeded many times ending with the latest number 72B01.

The newer version is slightly smaller and maybe more durable?!

CMF_klobuznik

» CMF Member
Regards from sunny Spain !

My Wife owns a 1996 Nissan Micra 1.3 CVT (5 doors), and use it daily. We are quite happy with the car, although we already changed 6 months ago the Airflowmeter (as the car dyed at idle every 5 minutes), and now, inmerse in the spanish summer we are suffering some problems w/the Air-con.

Fresh-Air comes not cold enough to avoid dying in an traffic jam. The compressor starts when I press the A/C button, the vent although. Yesterday we gave him a full charge of gas, but it improved just a bit.

Then I noticed that the fan workes as follows:

0: stopped
1 speed: slower
2 speed: slow
3 speed: slower again
4 speed: slow again

Therefore something happens to the 3 and 4 speed.

I've read this post through, but as i'm not used to work in the micra´s interior, can anybody explain me if my problem is the same as the explained in this post, and if yes, how can I get to that part to change it ?

Many thanks in advance !

Back