Heat shields

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
Time to pick everyones brain..

My radiator fan (when on) heats up my intercooler piping something shocking.

Need to shield it from something..basically the heated air escapes from a compartment sorta under the battery tray (where the left side of my cooler piping runs) and also to the back near the charcoal canister thing.

I think ill have to make up some sort of physical barrier but im interested to know what you other peeps might have in mind..

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
Yeah ive wrapped a part of the intake already..I think ill have to come up with some sort of metal/alloy shield as well or try some of that ACL stuff. The problem is mounting it around the pipes.

I think deflecting radiant heat what i'm aiming to do now

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
maybe pull some of that gold heatsehild off the engine bay of a parked McLaren F1 :p

definalty get something fabricated. Maybe a sandwhich of two piece of aluminium with something between, dunno. Have you checked autospeed?

Alex

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
I have indeed..I even wrote to them suggesting a write up comparing different sorts of heatshields etc, and Michael said he'd "ask the readers" and see what they thought.

I'll prob try the ACL stuff. As you described its two layers of alum with this stuff sandwiched between.

Back