Difference in specification between K10 models?

A

andrewb150

Dont know if this is of interest to anyone but i was just wondering what was different about all the different models. Perhaps you could post your model and specification.

This list will be pretty basic coz lets face it there aint much on a basic original K10 to shout about (compared to new cars). Please correct me if im wrong...

Im talking original specification here:

Super S -

Super spoiler, Super s only side skirts, arch extensions, front and rear bumpers with front fog lights.
Super S only Seats, steering wheel and dial cluster (Digital Clock & Rev Counter).
Highest level black interior
Anti roll bar,
ECC system with 2 catalytic convertors
Optional extras include Alloy wheels, Alarm&immobiliser but not limited to
Spolier
--All below Specification improvements--

GSX / GS-

Semi colour coded trim
GSX full door length cloth interior trim
5-Speed gear box
Different seats than other models with adjustable head rests?
Inside adjustable mirrors
Driverside boot release
Rear door child locks (N/A on 3Dr)
Stone Chip Guard
60/40 splitting rear seats
Front Intermittent Wipers
Light in boot
Parcel Shelf under Dashboard
Trip mile Counter
Cill Protectors around doors
Full cover different style hub caps?

LX / SL -

Mudflaps
Rear Washer and Wiper
Plastic Gearstick Surround
Analog clock
Radio Cassette

LS -

Interior vinyl door trim
Front Wipers (non-intermittent)
Outside adjustable mirrors
Foldable Rear "Bench" or 50/50 Split rear seat
Interior light
Rear heated windscreen
Sunroof
Cigarette Lighter
Radio (Am/FM)

Proberley on all models? -

Lockable fuel filler flap
Lockable glove box
Black trim around doors to hold carpet down and step on when entering car
Heater controls ( - does anyone have a/c Haynes says micras did have A/c in other countries)

The LS was technically bottom-of-the-barrel, and here's some of the things it doesnt have:
  • Non-intermittant front wiper
  • No rear wiper
  • No split rear seats, it's all one, called a "bench" i think lol

My previous K10 didnt have mudflaps, rear wiper, or light in boot, and the K10 SL (not LS) i own now doesnt have a light in boot either...

good list though, good info to know. :)
Also, on both, the rear seat doesnt "split"

Cheers, Ive always wondered what was different between my GSX and a LS.

No intermittent front wiper must be a pain!

I noticed that door cards on LS models are all vinyl and dont go all the way up to the window seal. And GSX are full length with matching cloth trim.

andrewb150 said:
No intermittent front wiper must be a pain!

although the 1.0 LS was the lightest out of the pack it suck for gizmos

the No intermittent front wiper gets on my nerves, i would kill for intermittent wipers

no rear ARB

no plastic surround over the gearstick and no cill protectors on the door and no shelf under dashboard

it also has no trip meter on the cluster so you cant tell what miles youre doing, another pain.

my LS did come with a fag lighter and heated rear window which i was suprised about, that must have been my perk of being a micra 1.0 ls moonlight lol

LS = wheels, engine, seats

ohc_turbo, whats a ARB? Its proberley something obvious but I can't think what it means at present.

Oh! I take it that only the Super S has that? or am I at the butt of a joke that I just dont get :)

this would be a good thing to get sorted and put it on the main page under k10 to show the differences if u start with the lowest spec then if u take the next and add the extras all the way up to the st should be the easiest way of doin it

Super S -
Spolier
Full colour coded trim
5-Speed Gear box Different ratio than other specs?
Digital Clock
Rev Counter
Racing Style Seats
Full cover sporty hub caps?

Super S 1.2 came with:
Super spoiler, Super s only side skirts, arch extensions, front and rear bumpers with front fog lights.
Super S only Seats, steering wheel and dial cluster.
Highest level black interior
Anti roll bar,
ECC system with 2 catalytic convertors
Gearbox is the same as in all other 1.2's
sunroof.
Optional extras include Alloy wheels, Alarm&immobiliser but not limited to.

Actually, the dials weren't Super S only ;) They were available as an option on at least the SLX, maybe a few others too...
The dials that Elliot has came off an SLX in a scrappy near me. The ownership chain for these was me, debasser, Jim then Elliot hehe

GS:

5-Speed Gear box
Lockable fuel filler flap
Lockable glove box
Black trim around doors to hold carpet down and step on when entering car
Heater controls
Inside adjustable mirrors
Driverside boot release
Rear door child locks (N/A on 3Dr)
60/40 splitting rear seats
Front Intermittent Wipers
Light in boot
Parcel Shelf under Dashboard
Trip mile Counter
Cill Protectors around doors
Mudflaps
Rear Washer and Wiper
Plastic Gearstick Surround
Interior vinyl door trim
Analog clock
Foldable Rear "Bench"
Interior light
Rear heated windscreen
Cigarette Lighter
Radio Cassette

If its the 'GS' is same as "GSX", sorry...

The Eccs was also found on the SLX too i think.

Didnt the LS have an optional wingmirror? lol.

Ah yes i remember they came on the SLX also, not any others, only the top spec models had them, the super s 3dr and the slx 5dr. there were not an optional extra as they only came as standard

I swear i've seen LS models with only one mirror! Infact, James, wasnt yours like that?

Arnold

Yep! All I got standard was 1 EXTERNALLY ADJUSTABLE mirror (Yep, that means you had to stick your hand out of the window to adjust it!)

my LS had a lights on door open engine off chime standard

i know youre going to probably say nothing but whats the diffrence between....

a 1.0 LS

and

a 1.2 LS

(apart form the engine)

ive bought one for the engine so i can upgrade to a 1.2, havent got it yet, what other goddies does it have?

LS -

Interior vinyl door trim
Analog clock
Foldable Rear "Bench"
Interior light
Rear heated windscreen
Cigarette Lighter
Radio Cassette

my LS has didn't come with a clock or radio cassette (just am/lw)
how ever it does have:
mud flaps
sun roof
50/50 split rear seat
passenger side wing mirror

It doesn't have intermitent wipers but then again nether of my cars have intermitent wipers so it doesn't really bother me.

paul_k10_Lx said:
this would be a good thing to get sorted and put it on the main page under k10 to show the differences if u start with the lowest spec then if u take the next and add the extras all the way up to the st should be the easiest way of doin it

most 1.2's have the anti roll bar mate if not all of them :D

digging this old post up but was wondering if the higher spec has better carpets, my L has really bad carpets like when they was building the car they cut a bit of carpet of the stockroom because they ran out of proper carpet.

jokes aside it hasnt got much of a pile on it even under the rear seats it looks bare

the super s carpets were the best. Think they were a very dark grey and quite thick. The lower the model, the thinner and lighter grey they became.

I'm not sure if it should, but my 89 1.2 GS hasn't got a cassette player, only an am/ lw radio. And the car I robbed the engine and a load of spares from also had only one mirror.

Now now. Its a very dark grey almost black so you could argue its both, I have a 1.0l Super carpet in mine and thats black with a hint of green in... lovely!!! Just a few points, my old LS had non-interior adjustable mirrors but did have two, so you had to stick your hand out of the window to do it. Also had a cassette player, and the most basic interior ever in the whole world!!! Also noticed that some LS's had the speakers behond a grille in the doorcard and yet others had them just in the kick panels. Quite weird. Super S is the nicest and GSX had some nice features. :)

Yeah my super carpet is dark grey with green, which is more visible in places than others! I'd prefer a GSX or Super S one if i could be bothered to remove it all again!

my carpet is really rough, migt go for the uncarpeted look with cheque plate alumin door panels when summer comes.

ive got to look at a gsx next time im in the scrapper, the early gsx are better spec than the facelift gsx arent they? the pre facelift are more like a super s without sport seats and a grey interior instead of black - inside that is

Anybody have an OEM front foglight switch? How does it look like? My Super S have to had it by default (with the lamps too) but I have only the "standard" rear one. Under the front bumper, there is an OEM connector for the lights, but I don't know where it goes :(

Really digging from the past , mine was an irish spec one , it was called a "magic"

And it has intermittant wippers
Rear wiper
Passenger mirror
Never had glovebox door ever!!
Fm radio
Rear bench seat !

Why did they irish specs stray so far from the english !!

I don't have an LS model - I have an L model. If you think LS was bog standard, you should check the L!
Vinyl carpetting, vinyl door cards, no intermittent wiper, one mirror, no door open lighting, AM radio, tiny 12 inch wheels (with chrome Micra hubcaps) no clock whatsoever and those lovely tombstone seats!
It has a glove box, but it's not lockable. It also doesn't have a sunroof (woo!), but still has those amazing pop out rear windows. I absolutely love it, and it's in gold with very 80's side decals and brown velour interior.
I had a SLX before this, and it had a rev counter as standard (only the SLX's and the Super S's had it).

Here's my SLX:

8865237180_fb80ed423c_h.jpg

8864635939_2f85350256_h.jpg

8864577359_fe66cb9388_h.jpg

And my lovely L:

13411653363_0e5e3ada39_h.jpg

13411504855_05b668495c_h.jpg

Lovely interior - seats are uber comfy:

13411331103_0292248038_b.jpg

Last edited:
Back