"reverse beep" while when braking

My wife's March (I'm in Japan) beeps when she puts the foot on the brake. It's the same as the reverse beep (I'm not sure if that's a Japan only thing?).
She asked the dealer when she had it in for service but they were useless.

Has anyone here experienced this?
I'm guessing there is a fault somewhere in the electrics, but rather than spend a long time looking for it i was thinking it might just be easier to disable the speaker?

Any help is appreciated as it's driving us crazy

try to disconnect the box which controls all the sounds when you open the doors or reverse etc. it looks something like this
Dip-DimRemovalGuide1.jpg

Its located underneath your steering column by your feet. You can undo little bit of plastic with two screws and the box should be attached to it.
Sounds like its faulty. Your car can function without it
Let us know how you got on

try to disconnect the box which controls all the sounds when you open the doors or reverse etc. it looks something like this
Dip-DimRemovalGuide1.jpg

Its located underneath your steering column by your feet. You can undo little bit of plastic with two screws and the box should be attached to it.
Sounds like its faulty. Your car can function without it
Let us know how you got on

I can disconnect em all? It's only the sounds? i'm not gonna get any surprises? lol

at least the horns not connected to the brake light like what jezza/hammond did to james mays rolls royce in the recent topgear india special lol:grinning:

Check the earth to the back light clusters. If there is a bad earth to one of them the brake light could be sending an in series positive through to the reverse light circuit.
My vote/guestimation for this option!
I had similar, left turn signal caused flashing of taillights. Measured for a while with multimeter and found corroded/damaged missing ground connection.

Back