headlight repair

Right so when i bought my micra it had already had the headlight melting problem, now one of the wires is losse and my headlight keeps flicking on and off so ive been to the scrappy to get a new connector for into the back of the bulb, now ive had a look and its been well bodged in the past. Basically they have piggy backed off the drivers light then connected this into the existing wiring then into the bulb! they have put an inline fuse in but im just wondering does this mean if i get rid of the piggyback wires and wire a new connector into the original harness with inline fuese should this work?
Thanks in advance David

DSCF0353.jpg

looks like a can of worms to me :eek: you would have to ask why they simply did,nt fit another connector ? (probably rotted fusebox near the battery eh)

well the inline fuse is next to the fuse box to the left of the battery so im assuming thats for the headlight and the fuse box has been replaced cos it looks in descent nic and god knows why they didnt replace the connector and i cant understand why theyve piggybacked off the drivers haedlight and done the fuse im only asking cos i have a fresh connector to put on and i want to tidy the wiring up cos evidentalyy its a mess and i would realyy like to get rid of the wires going accross the front of the car!

from the look of it, they have put the wires for the original head light and also the piggys back wires into the same side of the choc block then the bulb wires out the other side, my suggestion would be to just undo the piggy back wires and try the standard ones and see if it works, if it does then you can remove the piggy back wires, if you not then you may need to keep the piggy back there and just tidy up the wiring?

This is what happened to mine except they didnt use spade connectors for the bulb, they just souldered the wire onto it, so i bought a full new wireblock from EBay for a couple of quid then i used wirejoiners to wire the new block up to the wires what had been remained and used the new wireblock for my bulbs, if that didnt make sense, and you want a picture just let me know il get you one :)

alright then bit the bullet and went and sorted it and theyd piggy backed it for absolutly on reason what so ever works perfectly well without it! so aload of excess wiring has gone and my headlights seem a tad brighter, I'm quite chuffed with meself lol

Back