RHS headlight not bright white like LHS

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
Hey,

Ive got a 97 micra which has had the headlight connector changed to just connectors so it now has no OEM connector however this headlight will not power the bulb to full brightness and runs a slightly yellowed colour.

Any idea how to fix this I assume it will require a new connector? Ive tested the voltage going to the headlights and they seem to match however one connection reads 6v while the one with the OEM connector read .10v I dont understand why its causing this though. More power would work in the other way?

Globes have been replaced before you mention that.

Cheers
Nat.

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
Ok, I jumped the positive terminal splade connector with the other and it powers up to 100% power fine now. It seems that connection is bad.

So, if your connections melt goto **** smith buy some splade connectors which fit and you can wire it up exactly the same without the connectors to melt. I will let you all know if it requires jumping the wires to just re soldering the connection.

Unsure how it will go full beam as I expect the other connection will also up the power at high beam. Worst I can do it blow a globe or fuse. We'll see.

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
Its official I lost the highbeam using a jumper wire on the headlight, I may run a new wire straight from the fuse at some later time. Anyways it works.

Back