Headlight fuse

CMF_devilstickz

» CMF Member
Hi guys,

I've been having a problem with the headlights on my Micra. The left hand one's popped its fuse in a very convincing manner- welded it into the fuse-box and I could only find one leg of it! I managed to scrape out the old fuse and jam a new one into place as a temporary measure. It was very temporary as it now doesn't work. The plastic of the new fuse already seems to be slightly melted near the leg of the fuse and the dipped beam light doesn't seem to work. The odd thing is, the full beam does seem to work- I thought they would have gone through the same fuse?!? (The dipped beam has worked all along).

I remember hearing something about problems with the headlight fuses on Micraholics before they shut down- does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
John

CMF_milko46

» CMF Member
we repair a lot of cars at work with melted fuse boxes for headlights mainly due to dodgy headlight globes promising bright white or ultra blue vision, they can also burn the lenses in some cases. as for fixing you may have to run a separate in-line fuse holder if it has done too much damage.

Back