K11 Headlight connection problem

Hello,

Problem with the micra driver side (RHS) headlight. The connection to the headlight has clearly corroded and the black plastic casing appears to have melted on one side.

Light still works fine (lol) if I push the connector in and move it around. However this fix is not permanent and I want it to be properly sorted.

Have looked on ebay for the appropriate connector - found nothing. Any idea where I can get one of these? Besides dealership of course.

And how do I prevent it from happening again as a google search shows it is a common problem with micras.

Thanks

esha

Ex. Club Member
Same thing happened to mine a few months back, pretty straight forward to fix as long as you have or know someone with a solder tool.
Firstly you dont need to buy a whole new fuse tray, i did this and now have it sat around doing nothing, all you need is a seperate fuse holder which you can buy from any parts store for a few pounds, then you need to cut the thin wire that goes to your o/s/f headlight and solder this to one side of the fuse, then you need to make a cut into the main thick power cable that runs into the right hand side of the fusebox, solder the other end of the seperate fuse wire onto this, cover up with electrical tape or such, and your sorted!
The only strange thing i find with this though, is when i turn on the sidelights, the right lights take a few seconds longer to come on than the left, but its not really a problem!

esha

Ex. Club Member
Aah im bein stupid! :upside: I thought you meant the plastic part which holds the fuse in place, I misunderstood what you meant! Really need to slow down while reading posts!

Did the job today, went fairly well and the headlight now appears to work properly.

As a matter of interest, my local Nissan dealership quoted me £70.21 for this job (inc parts and labour).

Even more interesting, the ebay-bought H4 connector (£1.89) had thicker and more durable looking wiring compared to the original Nissan part which had corroded.

Anyway, thanks for all your help guys