Headlamp buzzer

The wife has an N reg Micra shape. Does this bog standard model have a headlamp warning buzzer on it as I keep leaving the headlights on when I use it as I'm used to having the beep on my car?

If so what does the offending part look like and where is it. If not can I retro fit one?

Cheers

just underneath the steering wheel is a sort of storage tray, the square beige buzzer is located on the back of it. just turn on lights with drivers door open to check it works

hi mate, there should be a buzzer or a beeper on all micra models, tho they sound different depending on what model you have. the older ones made the worst sound ever! but the gx beeped kinda nice.

anyway most of these units look like a yellow box. they are attached with one screw to the plastic thing under the steering wheel. if you look under the steering wheel there is a little shelf. it is held in with two pozzy drive screws. undo them and slide it out. on the back is the beepy thing.

i upgraded mine to a chime sound which i got out of a hyundi accent. sounds soo much better. i wired it by taking the possitive feed from one of the dash lights and the negative feed from the driver's door switch down in the bottom corner. it only has one wire coming out of it and if i remember correctly you have to peel back the carpet to get at it. but basically it just connects that wire to ground when the door is open.

really simple to do, i think i did a guide somewhere or maybe not lol. but anyway good luck with it and let us know how you get on :D

just underneath the steering wheel is a sort of storage tray, the square beige buzzer is located on the back of it. just turn on lights with drivers door open to check it works

damn beat me too it lol

Ha Ha Would you believe it? The Micra Shape must be the boggest of bog standards because as well as having no rear wiper it's got no buzzer :suspect:

The shelf under the steering wheel has a place for the buzzer to attatch to and knowing that cars usually have standard wiring looms I found a connector taped under the dash by the steering column (not the connector secured next to the fuse box so don't worry). Looks like it's off to the scrappy for the buzzer.

I should just be happy that the shape model came with seats and a steering wheel :D

Thanks y'all

Ha Ha Would you believe it? The Micra Shape must be the boggest of bog standards because as well as having no rear wiper it's got no buzzer :suspect:

The shelf under the steering wheel has a place for the buzzer to attatch to and knowing that cars usually have standard wiring looms I found a connector taped under the dash by the steering column (not the connector secured next to the fuse box so don't worry). Looks like it's off to the scrappy for the buzzer.

I should just be happy that the shape model came with seats and a steering wheel :D

Thanks y'all

lol yea nissan did some LOW modles lol, i am amazed some of them have engines lol

Cheers Peeps

Got a black one off a scrapper. Now makes a great annoying constant high pitched noise. Chicane it aint but it will do :laugh:

Mine only works sometimes so just took the shelf off and there is nothing there! I can hear it beeping but still can't find it! Not in by the fuse box, or the centre console. It isn't ever put under the steering lock cowl is it?

revival.jpg

It was a revival I'll admit that, but relevant all the same!! lol

That and Tapatalk put this fairly close to the top of unread topics! tbh I didn't spot the date of the OP!! Crapatalk morelike!

Sent from my iPhone using Crapatalk and edited using a computer!

Last edited:
Back