head scratching... ? :)

Shero

Ex. Club Member
Someone at my dads work has asked me.

Its a k11 1.3

There was a problem with his ignition barrrel so he replaced that and now its not running.

Its not getting fuel somehow because it will run if there a bit of fuel dropped down the t/b untill its burnt that and just dies.

Im writing down a list for him to check but if anyones got any other ideas fire away please. I'll direct him on here tomorrow anyway.(Y)

hey, just a quick thought..

my micra has NATS written on its key.. Nissan Anti Theft System i believe it stands for, and so isn't the car immobilised?

the new key that came with the ignition barrel should have a red square on it, under this is a little chip.

the chip from the old key is linked to the immobiliser... im thinking this may have something to do with your problem?

just a thought, correct me if i'm wrong :)

check the fuel pump relay, and check that the nats hasn't kicked in for some reason, if there is no fuel it should be nothing to do with the new dizzy

yeh 92jay, i have said that to the guy, after thinking about it im sure its something to do with the nats , but ive asked him exactly what he has done and if he has nats. it was a pretty vauge description i got of what he done.

Sorry nex, i meant he swapped the igntion barrel for the key not the dizzy. :D

basicaly i think he might have swapped this and taken it off a no nats car. So if he has what does nats actually stop / immobilise and how does it actually work, ive only had 1 micra with nats before and never had to touch it so i dont know how it works? because he says it sparks and he can hear the fuel pump going??? i gave him a list of all this stuff so im sure hell get back to me tonite if it makes sence or not. :D

Cheers team. :D

if he has changed the barrel then that is fine there is a way around this but i will only tell you in more detail if it is nats related

cool man, well he did change the barrel but im not sure what else he has changed so ill wait till later to see if he has nats but im guessing he has and changing the barrel has possibly set it off.?
Cheers matt

If it has nats he will need the ECU from the car he got the new barrel from. The chip in the key is mached with the ECU so if he now has a new barrel and key the ecu wont reconise the key and therefore wont disable the NATS. There is a quick fix for this....Tape the old key inside the ignition cowling next to the little chip on the back of the new barrel. This will allow the reader to pick up the correct key disarming the NATS still allowing the new barrel and key to start the car.....hope this helps

that was clever hannibal sensitive data like that can be very dangerous in the wrong hands just remember this is a public view forum im not having a go it just sensitive data can be dangerous in the wrong hands :laugh:

yeh, very clever hanibal if it is the nats thats causing it not to start im sure this will sort it sheers! :D im guessing thats what you were going to say matt?? well ill pass all this on to the guy and see if it helps.
Cheers guys.

exactly that, the chip must be inside the ring not near it, but as said before it not really very clever broadcasting it to say 5 million people that could potentially view this

And what if they do view it....you still need the key to match the car before the nats will be disabled...so it wont help anyone steal a car .............Your just flappin your lips over nothing (sensitive data....lol lol lol lol)

Back