K11 Not starting.

Hi everyone.

I've been having problems with the car cutting out when stopped at lights/ traffic so I reheated the solder on the throttle body and driven the car to see if its all ok. The car ran fine for about 10 minutes and when left to idle for a few minutes cut out and wouldn't start again. Thinking I've just not done the soldering properly I ordered another throttle body. I fitted it and tried to start the car and it turns but still doesn't fire.

I checked all of the connections going to the throttle body to make sure I haven't missed anything out, checked the fuses and still cant see anything wrong there. When I turn the ignition on I can hear the fuel pump. Pulled the fuel pump fuse out and turned the engine to clear it out and still nothing .
Can't work this one out.

Any ideas what it could be??
Thanks

Found the problem. It needs a new engine. Not what I was expecting at all, opened the oil cap and found the timing chain has snapped which explains why it doesn't start.
Now need to decide whether its worth repairing or just scrap/sell whats left of it.

Its gone in the bin now. Couldn't post an advert in the buy and sell section of this site so put an add on gumtree and no one was interested so had to scrap it as I had nowhere to store it and the insurance had been moved to a new car. It did a genuine 44444.4 miles as you can see from the photo. When it was being lifted I could see the floors and sills looked perfect.
It has been replaced with a far uglier Micra.
The last two photos might be a bit upsetting for some.

IMG_6855.JPG

IMG_6852.JPG
IMG_6849.JPG
IMG_6880.JPG
IMG-20140410-00247.jpg
IMG-20140410-00248.jpg

Its gone in the bin now. Couldn't post an advert in the buy and sell section of this site so put an add on gumtree and no one was interested so had to scrap it as I had nowhere to store it and the insurance had been moved to a new car. It did a genuine 44444.4 miles as you can see from the photo. When it was being lifted I could see the floors and sills looked perfect.
It has been replaced with a far uglier Micra.
The last two photos might be a bit upsetting for some.

View attachment 30219
View attachment 30220 View attachment 30221 View attachment 30222 View attachment 30223 View attachment 30224
It's only a car eh.

I seen this micra on eBay before. I was about to get this micra but I changed my mind. If I do then I could get this engine, bonnet, wing panels, early grill and boot tailgate. (For my GX.) Shame, I missed this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back