Head Light Bulb Removal Issues..

nathan.warren69

Ex. Club Member
Hi Guys,
I want to change the head light bulbs however I cannot get the plug off the back of one of the bulbs, the right hand one comes off with abit of effort but no matter how hard I try I cannot get the plug off the back of the left hand one, Any Tips?

Thanks in advance :)

if a bulb connector is stuck to the bulb, i usually take it out from the clip holding the bulb in and then working with the bulb and holder coz more space and easier to pull free

I wouldent get the bulb out the holder due to the mettle clip that holds the bulb in was in the way, any other suggestions before having to cut the plug off?

If the bulbs has melted the plug, then why not drive with your headlights on for a good 15 mins, then as soon as you have the moment to, turn the whole car off and try removing the clip then? The clip should have melted (if it has already) enabling you to take the bulb out.
IF NOT, then try cutting at the plastic cover that covers the bulbs case, then unclip the bulb which, as you said, may give you more space to freely work with to get the clip off the bulbs. If this fails, cut the wires then get another clip and plastic cover from a scrap yard.

That's a really good idea, ill try that if that fails ill cut them :) the local scrappy is miles away halfrurds do them pretty cheap anyway :)

Back