has anyone out there had the standard micra steel wheels widend???

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
Why bother, there are plenty of other cars with wider rims & the same stud pattern, e.g. Pulsars, Honda's, Toyota's etc.
It'd be cheaper to just buy another set.
These are available in widths that you'd struggle to fit in the K11 wheel arches, even with major surgery.

CMF_1300cc

» CMF Member
bongo bus WROTE:

"has anyone out there had the standard micra steel wheels widend???

if i wnated to look at doing that on my car how much would i be looking at spending????

cheers.

john.
are u referring the 13"....i would like to know as well...but just wondering if this will be legal or rwc...

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
Deep dish hey? Let me know how you go but I went looking for answers yesterday and came back with about $150 a wheel. Plus paint etc.

Would look really nice but a set of 13" deep dish wheels are about $500 at most and lets be honest they got more bling :)

No car has a wheel which is about 13" x 5-7 +20 which is about what would fit nice. Well .. hellaflush style

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
you could re-dish your own :)
extra 50mm in pic, (taking it from +45 to -5)
tho it does,nt make it any wider obviously

Attachments

• 55086.jpg
    55086.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 42

CMF_Bishop

» CMF Member
Keep in mind steel rims are a core welded into a rim, so yeah there has always been places that will widen rims, though it's fallen out of fashion in modern years.

Primary way to widen rims, was always to source blank rims of greater width, or find cheap rims off something that came with wide rims, then grind out the welds on the core/hub, weld in new, done with care the result is perfect.

For what it's worth, there was a place in Brisbane that used to do heaps, and I remember most were like $50 per wheel, but that was ages ago, I don't think the places is still there, and the work for this type of thing has gone through the roof.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
Bishop WROTE:

"

Reverse rims look funny as hell, not sure I'd ever be brave enough to run them myself, remember guys used to do it all the time with the old rotary RX series Mazdas.

mine are,nt reversed, just reset :)

frank

Attachments

• 55105.jpg
    55105.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 25
Back