Hardest post iv ever written

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
iv been thinking about the state of my life and my car over the past few weeks, the car is no where near finished if im honest and the amount of money iv put into it has goten silly.. i carnt afford to continue with it and as mentioned on a previous post even if i did plow alot more cash into it it wont be fit for the purpose i want it for.. so its with a few tears in my eyes and a huge lump in my throat i have to say im stoping the project.. selling bits i carnt use getting a 1.3 micra and sorting my life out and more importantly my finances! the 1,3 micra wont be standard though lol i can transfer the coilovers/suspention brakes seats radiator water pump lights front bumper ect..

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Dude! - Never saw this coming!

What all is still left to sort out on it? I thought that it was only a few things like shaftfs and then Map it?

I kno what its like to lose interest in your project thou, but its your choice at the end of the day! You K11 is one of the car that will live in Micra history with your almost Factory fit Sr20 Conversion lol.

Head up mate :)

Titch :kungfu:

cheers man i carnt list the amount of small problems it has let alone the fact it would take a hell of alot just to pass its MOT.. its such a big failure for me but i have to do the right thing for myself and my sanity and let it go...

Raceworx said:
cheers man i carnt list the amount of small problems it has let alone the fact it would take a hell of alot just to pass its MOT.. its such a big failure for me but i have to do the right thing for myself and my sanity and let it go...

It always seems to be the small things that mess it up. Chin up man - who knows what will happen ;)

Are you serious?!! I do totally understand if you really are for financial reasons, as I think that only somone who has ever tried to take on such a project like that can really appreachiate the insane costs of it. What I have done for example with the ST would look insignificant.. On the other hand its just not worth getting your self in to major debt over it. I've seen what can happen and its not pleasent. Accepting that and being able to stop is a really tough thing to do - but usually always the best thing :s

sorry 2 hear... :) hope it all works out for ya.... u have 2 think what will u get for it tho?

yep im completly serious.. im at the point ic arnt sleep for whiteling about the little things this just isnt fun anymore! the cash i will loose will be worth the experiance! and the knowledge i have picked up but this isnt what i want in a car.. i want a fun car i can take on the track and enjoy not worry about breaking ect

Yeah I totally agree with your decision then. This is where Allen my mate goes so wrong lol, I help him build a totally mad car, but it goes wayyyyy to far, costs more than a house to build and run and the fun is lost. The good thing is however, you have quality stuff there, so selling and at least getting a fair price will be realistic - and you cant put a price on experience.

yeah but i shouldnt loos that much on it okay the drive shafts will be the biggest loss as they wont fit anything.. the DTA i can sell on ebay.. the engine is all in working order and can be sold on ebay everything else on the car can be saved for the 1.3

Kinda know how you feel at the minute mate, and can totally understand. Will be a big shame that it doesn't get done, but can totally understand the reasoning behind it. Hope things get sorted out anyway, and start to look up for you from now. :)

cheers man :) who knows this could be the best thing ever lol like a freind said to me during a cam swap that didnt got to plan theres a reason for everything to happen as it does..

what a shame mate, nearly went through the same thing with my car when the cost and work were more than the amount of fun but i let it sit for a while and did other things then i really got back into modding :)

what state is the car in? could you sell it as a project or are you going to turn it back into a 1.3?

may work out to store the car and buy a new micra until things get easier...

anyway best of luck mate, :)

no nim going to sell bits like the engine DAT ECU and anything thats of no use to a 1.3 scrap the shell and all its interior and start again with a 1.3

Would you sell the car which the engine still fitted? I'm sure someone would want it....?! Bad luck dude, and good luck for the future.

at the end of the day you do what you have to do. and sometimes your dreams have to stop for a little while. mines has.

I hope that everything turns out alrite for you mate.

Can see why this is so hard, you've put your life into this and it's taken over!
Well, I'd like to say a big well done for what you've done anyway but in the end if it's causing problems in life then it's not worth it!

Will be good to see what you do to a 1.3, hopefully something to rivals John and Jo's car!

Best of luck

im so gutted i jus cant believe this day has come, i get #### news from insurance bout mods i want to do n now this, this was a big inspiration for me n wat i was wanting to do etc now im so lost, im kinda in same spot as you with my car were its getting to me but i jus need to move on!

on a diff note u still want the wheels?

good luck with car ian n good luck with everything, talk sonn on msn mate :(

i think that this realy proves that the 2.0L micras are not ment to be without huge expense.

real shame but on a positive note you will be much better off finacially and good luck with the trusty old 1.3

Sad to hear this, and to think people criticise Ian for spending so much and getting rid of his.
You've made a brave and probably the sensible choice, now you can look forward to some money coming in though :)

thanks for the positive posts.. i will be using all the bits i can so the 1,3 i buy will be treated to full whiteline kit coilovers GTi-R brakes alloy rad carbon seat nice stearing wheel ect.. side skirts black lights front splitter. i just wont have an SR20.. and i might be able to afford to rent a flat rather than living at home lol

dang! this makes me wanna cry... you know i always show the lads at uni your car as a top example of a modded micra, they love it...

shame but its your life and i bet its taken you ages to make this decision... just by deciding you gonna sell takes your life in a different direction...

remember do whats best for you and your life...

cheers man.. the car meant alot to me and ill cry when it gets taken away lol but the fact is its too much trouble.. turbo 1.3 all the way

im also gutted to hear this mate..was amazing watching your project move on through its stages, but im sure you've made the right decision for yourself. really starts to get you down and stuff if your skint constantly and for a long time. as im guessing you went through that. but i'll also be very interested into your 1.3T project also! take it easy mate.

Sorry to hear this, you know you've done the right thing tho. I hope the new car put's a smile on your face!!! :)

well when you do this 1.3 turbo project will you be making a write up as u did with the sr20 conversion?

well i hope this 1 is a better bet for u good luck mate :D

Very brave decision that raceworx.

I'm really not into B.S'ing people about stuff and I like to make it very clear that I have little or no mechanical knowledge and I don't know many people off the MSC yet, but from what tommo has told me about what you've been doing to that car and the time you've put into it, it was pretty amazing and a real inspiration for guys like me just getting into this stuff.

I suppose it all comes down to what we want from life. You can't really make your life revolve around your car, I think you've just got to use your car and experience to improve the rest of your life instead. Thats how I look at things anyway.

Take it easy and I hope you manage to develop a really fast (and most importantly fun) 1.3 to show guys like me what you can do with a Micra :)

Gutted..

Could save yourself some money and sell the car...

IF you do want to sell the car Without engine.. I would take it off you with the driveshafts for a fair price..

cheers everyone, it was the hardest desicion iv had to make but its got to be..

kristian you can have the shell and drive shafts for £500 if you want them well it will be a roling shell standard suspention youll need wheels though to move it..

bring on the jnc micra wars wooooopooooopoooooopoooooooop

was gutted when you phoned us man but life goes on you know. ive seen you and the car at every step and i can sort of see how it must feel.

see you in 5 minutes lol

****, that sucks bud...

I was looking forward to racing you at Knockhill as well, or maybe at the Pod...

Never mind, I went through the exact same thing with my Almera, where I went all out to get stupid times, but it just wasn't fun anymore. I would find myself thinking about it day and night and it just isn't worth it.

I hope you get tthrough the experience OK...

Cheers

Your Micra SR20 counterpart...

Dave

I'll but the DTA ecu and loom off you to use on mine mate. I still havn't got round to buying it yet. What about your exaust and manifold and radiator? Are you selling them aswell? I'm very interested

tajones said:
I'll but the DTA ecu and loom off you to use on mine mate. I still havn't got round to buying it yet. What about your exaust and manifold and radiator? Are you selling them aswell? I'm very interested

Slightly off topic, but what stage is yours at etc? Pics or anything?

someone has put an offer of £600 for the DTA ecu.. so if you can better that its yours it comes with:-
DTA E48 EXP ECU
air temp sensor
Crank sensor
Bosch coilpack
modified SR20 lower pully with tothed ring gear for crank sensor
wiring harness with sr20 throttle pot click on it aswell as silly nissan injector clips (also comes with spare injector cips for different injectors if needed)
The DTA mapping softwear
special dta-serial coms lead.

the package cost me £990 and its not been used apart from twice for 5 mins of ideling

exhaust manifold is going with the engine at the moment

the radiator is waiting a home i can use it so unles youv got £500 sheets your willing to part with for it its staying on my car.

Very sorry to hear this mate, my mate just got back his completed 2.0 Nova, spent around 8000 and he's not happy. Well at least you can get some money back from it

Back