Handling advice please

Hi all, I've finally got my hands on a nice little '02 K11 grey Tempest 1.0L and will be using it for the daily grind of approx 75 miles a day. This is my 5th Micra 3xK10 and 2xK11, plus the other half has a 2000 K11 Celebration :)

I know it's probably been asked 300 times before but I'd like to improve/reduce the body roll and generally tighten up the handling BUT don't really want to lower it. Am I dreaming or is this possible with different dampers, anti-roll bars etc, tyres?

Many thanks in advance. Happy Christmas Eve :)

New shocks, gas filled like bilstein b4 or Monroe reflex, whiteline anti roll bars front and rear , and decent tyres (e.g. Yokohama a539) should see you right - although not necessarily in that order.

Just my opinion of course. Also, if you get some 30mm lowering springs it won't really look ' low' because of the comical stock ride height.

Enjoy!

Don't need front ARB, it's already stiff enough.

Rear ARB, lowering springs and strut braces will do nicely for the mo. Then shell out for dampers at a later date.

If you go strut braces get the lower front one... Upper front and rear make virtually no difference.

I'd personally be straight onto coilovers and correct rated springs :)
Them along with corner weighting is all you'll need. You can retain stock height if you wish

Anti roll bars dont prevent roll they limit it. On correct springs you won't need any anti roll bars.

Good tyres are a way to get the car to hold the road better not make the car handle better. Its a cheats way to looking better at driving :)

No point in any braces as you wont push the car enough to stress these points yet.
They'd be towards the bottom of my list

Thank you for that guys :) excellent info there, just what I needed. I'll be back soon for more info when I've got a few more spare minutes, been fixing the roof today instead of tinkering with the new toy :(

Cheers all :)

Back