Hammerite stone chip on Bodywork

Micra 110

Site Supporter
I bought some a few days ago just to see what it would look like and I'm pretty pleased with the finish. :D

PICT0012.JPG

PICT0011.JPG

I reckon if you're going to paint the whole car then paint it with this, it's cheap, easy to use, is flexible so will not crack, is over-paintable and looks good too :)

Also, if someone decided to key your paint then just get the can out, lightly sand the affected area with wet and dry, a quick spray over and it's totally dry in about 2 hrs, bargain. No more visits to the spray booth! :)

In the pic it's looks slightly brown/pink :suspect: but that's the stupid cheap camera and too much sunlight..:laugh:.it is Black :)

Also available in white or grey :)

hey guys sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but as a painter myself, you'd be silly to paint the whole car in stone-chip! purely because it doesn't actually dry! so say on a rather warm summers day, you put your hand on the car....... off comes the paint and out come the swear-words lol! this is the reason it's used on the underside of the car, as it is always nice and cool and hardly ever touched!

also if you finished the car in this, the car would look awful, like a really rough Matte effect...... but if you do try it please take pictures! i'd love to see it!!

again apologies, just didn't want to sit by and keep my knowledge to myself lol!

Cheers

Matt(Y)

Back