How To Respray Small Patches On Bodywork?

How Would I Go About Respraying Small Patches On Bodywork?

got a few scratches which my car has picked up over the years, as well as having a few scratches/faded strip down the side of the car from bump strip removal.

how should i go about respraying these patches so they look the same as the rest?

i have a halfords paint matched can, primer, laquer and the touch up pens.

wet/dry sand paper 240,600,800,1200,2000 gritt got carried away in halfords when they had a sale on :D

help would really be appreciated as i will have plenty of free time in the coming weeks when i finish uni for the summer and really want to get the car upto a nice finish without any nicks,bumps and scratches :D

also, has anyone else got a roof that is all bumpy and you can push it down and it makes a clunk noise??? its a prefacelift '96 vibe if that helps

much appreciated everyone

stew

you cant effectivly spray scratchs as they would show, best bet is to cut the paint work back with t cut or g3 do the whole car then polish you can try the touch up pen maybe before cuting back. if you try to spray the scratchs then it will allways show, where paintwork has faded the t cut or g3 will take care of this...

got plenty of t-cut, about 3-4 bottles, and a tube of the red coloured t-cut :D

i know i should really remove the panels and then spray each of these, but i would not trust myself to put them back together properly and i still need the car to get around in :D

you dont need to remove panels mate we colour change cars with only the doors off boot and bonnet off that only to do the shuts... so im sure it'll be fine for tidying up.... just make sure all the prep work is done properly... i want to make a little guide when i get around to doing mine lol

a guide would be awesome, and yeah i know not all panels need to come off, but i wouldnt trust myself to take things apart and then sand, prime and then finally paint and then only after all this put it back together that and i dont really have anywhere indoors to do the spraying and the car would end up being left with a door off outside until the paint dried which in manchester is a BAD plan ;-)
ideally would like someone in the know around manchester to give me a hand for the first time just so i know i am doing it right but not sure if there is anyone on here from stockport end of manchester would would be able to help out :(

I asumed you ment rattle cans you didnt mention full respray

yeah rattle cans, its not the full car the majority of the paintwork is actually in real good nick but there are scratches and a few dents which i would really like to get out most of which are small ones but quite a few for example the guy who had the car before me & my uncle must have tried to open the car whilst totally wasted as there are key scratches all around the locks on passenger & drivers side really do want the car to look nice and clean like virtually all others on here its quite a nice car originally i was only going to be use it for a run around for the first year and then get a new car probably a skoda fabia but now i want to keep it get it all cleaned up etc and keep it longer :D

Back