• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Project 1st Timer

Hey
As the title suggests this is my first endeavor of modifying.
I have a S Reg micra 1.0L which was factory standard when I bought it and still pretty much standard now but should be a good base to my knowledge there is not serious rust (haven't looked since i bought it in august but shouldn't be haha).
My plans so far are
35mm lowering springs (maybe Corsa shocks like some of you have done but not sure if i will have gone low enough for that)
Anti-roll bars
adjustable panhard rod
14 or 15 steels maybe banded
also just ordered a Flyeyes kit for doing my rear lights and side indicators :)
but trying to keep it quite clean and discrete really so as not to get troubled by the police like allot of my mates do :)

Trying to track down a few things if anyone could help that would be cool main things are second hand adjustable panhard rod and anti-roll bars and maybe springs if anyone knows of any of this stuff about would really be useful. going to try and get my picks up now :)

Not many second hand panhard rods come up for sale, best bet would be buy one off Noddie, eBay is your best bet for springs and is it uprated or standard anti roll bars you're after?

uprated anti roll bars really want to stop that annoying lean when I drive spiritedly to college when I'm late hahah but thanks I will have a good hunt don't have millions to spend so the cheaper the better really :/

mike-f said:
uprated anti roll bars really want to stop that annoying lean when I drive spiritedly to college when I'm late hahah but thanks I will have a good hunt don't have millions to spend so the cheaper the better really :/

Just like the panhard rods, roll bars don't come up often and they're never cheap

oh right okay then was worth a shot roll bars I've seen aren't too mega like 120-130 ish not something i can do straight away but maybe after my holiday in june lol

mike-f said:
oh right okay then was worth a shot roll bars I've seen aren't too mega like 120-130 ish not something i can do straight away but maybe after my holiday in june lol

That's about average second hand ones are normally £80 upwards

fair enough got any things you would suggest for a clean looking car ? not sure how much I want to do engine wise because I drive the car about 40 miles a day and petrol isn't cheap can't afford to do anything that will kill the MPG

For a clean looking car washing it will help :p do what you like, not what other people suggest have a look at other peoples blogs and get a general feel for what styles you like.... If in doubt have a search and if you can't find what you're after just ask there'll be plenty of people willing to help :)

how did you know it wasn't regularly washed :p yeah I have a fair idea what i want with looks wise practicality over crazy bodykits and road scraping cars (the police around here are down hard on all them guys every time you go out haha. )

IMAG0013.jpg
free speakers would be rude not to just got to finish wiring them in
IMAG0015.jpg

IMAG0030.jpg
IMAG0031.jpg

Yeh lol, let me know if ya want help with micra, or can meet or travel to shows together :) i got a free seat to JAE in september :)

cheers mate :) I may just need that haha i can see some of the stuff i want doing being a little bit of a headache with my inexperience. ahh sucks that its in september that's rugby season no time then

surely one weekend can go a miss ;) i start a new job and the first thing ill be telling them is i cant work that weekend lol :D

hi mate, i'm a k12 owner myself and a first time modder too, some advice though, if you want better handling first port of call is the suspension, you should be able to pick coilover kits up reasonably cheap (cheaper than for a k12 as nobody makes them ha) once thats done some girthy wheels maybe and then your pretty much ready to roll until you can save up for that rb26dett swap you've been dreaming about :p

hi mate, i'm a k12 owner myself and a first time modder too, some advice though, if you want better handling first port of call is the suspension, you should be able to pick coilover kits up reasonably cheap (cheaper than for a k12 as nobody makes them ha) once thats done some girthy wheels maybe and then your pretty much ready to roll until you can save up for that rb26dett swap you've been dreaming about :p
yeah I dont think i can stretch to coilys but i am going to sort some lowering springs and dampers when i can probably after my holiday in june :) haha if i was going to do a crazy engine swap it would be a 13b swap be allot more fun :D

honestly i get your logic going for springs and new shocks/dampers but for the price you pay to buy 4 springs and 4 dampers you may as well get coils which come as an entire package, in some cases springs and dampers can be more expensive do a little research because i'm sure there are plenty of k11 kits out there.
i love a rotary as much as the next guy but god do they sound like mopeds at full rev hahah

the corsa/ebay coilies are very excellant value, but you will kiss goodbye any form of comfort without adjustable damper coilies tho :)

so emergency manover has caused my poorly CV joint to go compleatly ordered one to turn up tomorrow how much hassle do people think it will be I know it will mean taking off caliper disc, suspension and couple other bits but is there anything more awkward about micras or are they nice and straight forward ?? and when people say about corsa suspension kits is that corsa c's ?? I am slightly swayed towards getting coilys if it is corsa C's can set a nice height and should get the same benifits as lowered with springs and dampers

I don't know why i said C I was thinking of the b doah lol hmm that sounds like it might be a plan then got to get cv joint done first and foremost tho

IMAG0037.jpg
IMAG0036.jpg
IMAG0035.jpg

Got myself some of the carbon fibre vinal sheets to try and make the interior look a bit nice than the boring grey quite happy with how it turned out really fiddly tho the sheet wasnt very flexible was hard to do corners

IMAG0045.jpg

Still no big things happening but have de-bump striped the two sides looks allot better and started to spray the plastics inside. Purple door pockets and handle plastics going to do something with the window winders but not sure with the rubber handle bit might need to find a black one that fits

IMAG0045.jpg

Still no big things happening but have de-bump striped the two sides looks allot better and started to spray the plastics inside. Purple door pockets and handle plastics going to do something with the window winders but not sure with the rubber handle bit might need to find a black one that fits

that looks sweeeet

yeah it took me a long time to get the hang of that sticker stuff some of it looks okay other bits will get done in the future when I have more paitents for it haha and the doors llook a little better again now I sprayed the handle in purple just got to find either a way of spraying the window winder or get a purple anodised one :D next up is tinting the back windows which i should have done today and fitting almeara gti wheels wich will be here friday then spray the dash in matt black :D

20120727_113357.jpg

My new almeara GTI alloys :D happy with them handles so much better with the wider bigger wheels on than the old 13's lol not having the inside edge worn compleatly away helps as well i suppose haha

MOT passed :D only took an indicator bulb and a split pin i seem to have fogotten to put back the other day oops oh well 3 advisorys rear suspension mounts and a bit of brake flexy hose not bad get them few bits done soon along with a full service and ready for some new bits :D

well I know what i'm doing this weekend after this lot turned up in the post
20120919_121943_zps6db3b116.jpg

Unfortunately there appear to be some pug bits there too :(

new verse old o_O
20120919_144553_zpse8f83577.jpg

this is the not nice sound my engine has started to make on cold start up is it what was suggested before which is tappets ??

Back