• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

H701 bought a K11

h701micra

Deactivated Account
This shall be my little build blog for the development of my most recent acquisition... a flipping K11

No... I havent been converted to the K11's... I'm still K10 through n through :p

I'm expecting a lot of speculation on this one.. it'll most likely include a turbo for no apparent reason and being my usual self... something rediculous somewhere along the line

First project is Independant Rear Suspension, camber and toe adjustable.. it'll take a while because it's on the quiet for a member here until its tried n tested and I get the OK to share details.

I dont actually have the car just yet. It's being delivered to me on the 28/29th June

Here's a picture
Pic.jpg

Stay tuned folks I've something daft stuff planned

well you can get some accurate corner weights for a start, then when life quiets down again I can make you those 2.5" rear spring adaptor drawings and sort out something with that. Finally, you have a CG to strip next to a GA for comparison :)

I love the independent rear end idea, picking up on the original mounts so that the car can avoid sva and keep it's identity. Though in your hands probably a handling project, I can't help but rub my hands together with glee at the thought of adjustable camber and ridiculously wide wheels :)

you can make a subframe that bolts to the trailing arms, ARB and panhard rod mount points :)
Its one of those designs that seems to always conflict. I'm sure you'll be in on this one at some point :)
I love the independent rear end idea, picking up on the original mounts so that the car can avoid sva and keep it's identity. Though in your hands probably a handling project, I can't help but rub my hands together with glee at the thought of adjustable camber and ridiculously wide wheels :)
I haven't forgotten you stance people ;) I'll give some extra thought to include extra camber to accomodate the wider wheel crew
well you can get some accurate corner weights for a start, then when life quiets down again I can make you those 2.5" rear spring adaptor drawings and sort out something with that. Finally, you have a CG to strip next to a GA for comparison :)
Absolutely, I'll leave it bog standard and put it straight on the scales.
Brilliant. I still maintain yours is the best solution to date so to work and develop it would be good
Definitely be pulling it apart just to have a good nosey and see what varied and where to my beloved GA

Yours isnt a road rally car though Alex... yours is a Stage rally car? So yes it'll be useable by you :)

Road rally rules I'll have to look into it but I cant see there being too much issue if spring n shock mounting is maintained

Interested in this myself. Quick look at the blue book, rallyist section, though I might be well off ...

48.4.1.The suspension must retain the operating principle and utilise the mounting points as provided by the vehicle manufacturer.

Might irs fall foul of 'operating principle' ?

I think in speed events it would push you into the sorts libre class. But regardless I'll be keeping an eye on this, very exciting!

The operating principle being to be a mounting point for the suspension in our case and move in a trailing axle fashion... Which is most likely shall do

Yours isnt a road rally car though Alex... yours is a Stage rally car? So yes it'll be useable by you :)

Road rally rules I'll have to look into it but I cant see there being too much issue if spring n shock mounting is maintained

Oh... Didn't read it properly. My bad :p

Will keep an eye out then

red bandit 2, h701 style?

full on active suspension? nicked off a Williams FW14 :p
if there's spare pennys about the place.

red bandit 2, h701 style?

full on active suspension? nicked off a Williams FW14 :p
if there's spare pennys about the place.
This will be a little bit more interesting than a simple engine swap and turning boost up :D
I'd love to nick that but I'd save it for a K10 :p

Are you calling this one N827 then? ;)

I think it's amazing that someone is taking the time to develop parts for a car that to be honest, has a tiny market in the tuning department. Maybe this will encourage others in time and we'll end up with lots of bolt-ons and therefore more interest in Micras.

Are you calling this one N827 then? ;)

I think it's amazing that someone is taking the time to develop parts for a car that to be honest, has a tiny market in the tuning department. Maybe this will encourage others in time and we'll end up with lots of bolt-ons and therefore more interest in Micras.
Haha nooo. Not as catchy. I've called it "oh dear" :D

There are parts out there but because the market is so small the prices are sky high and wayyyy beyond on daily regular user.
Hopefully I'll get a good complete of bits n bobs for people that will change the "everything is custom" approach we have now
Built not bought etc is cool etc and carries alot of pride but not everyone has that opportunity and would rather buy tried n tested :)
I'm only developing the IRS because someone asked me too :p I'll give anything a go.. if I can't do it.. I'll simply say I can't

Well avoiding picture sharing still with the IRS.. it looks even more promising than before and I have given myself extra flexibility than I had with the current design I had.
This as a kit wont be that expensive... probably on par with my ready-made coilover kits at £350.. If we skipped the adjustable bit and just made non adjustable independent rear suspension then it would be even cheaper still
Either way as an added bonus... they'd all come with REAR DISCS that so many people want but cant find :D because its easier to built that way

Need my poor little red guinea pig to turn up to face the wrath of my grinder and my willy wonka style imagination

Haha nooo. Not as catchy. I've called it "oh dear" :D

There are parts out there but because the market is so small the prices are sky high and wayyyy beyond on daily regular user.
Hopefully I'll get a good complete of bits n bobs for people that will change the "everything is custom" approach we have now
Built not bought etc is cool etc and carries alot of pride but not everyone has that opportunity and would rather buy tried n tested :)
I'm only developing the IRS because someone asked me too :p I'll give anything a go.. if I can't do it.. I'll simply say I can't
not sure I would agree with all of that :D ;)

Is this finished yet? Or got some supercharged 3.0 we don't know about because you never ever come on the forum ever? ;)

'Sent from my bed using paper planes'

Well remembered I actually had a K11 thread Max... I didnt

I've to make plenty of jigs n bits first. Once I'm happy that they're as they need to be. I'll execute "project a tiny bit different different with a hint of pressure" :p

I've let the cat out the bag a bit already so I'll just go over a few details, dont want to get too excited about it as I have lots of things to do at the minute. So time isnt on my side

So what's the fuss about? In short I'm taking a CG engine and putting it in the boot, then doing a low pressure turbo conversion on it, well that's the 'bit different' part.
The 'hint of pressure' is because I've already sold it before its built. The chap I was talking to about it loved the idea so that's that. It also means that it will have its own financial backing and should save me a pretty penny on the build

I've already been planning and have some plans in place and the usual measurements, problems, solutions, pros/cons to each solution, blah blah blah
So it should go alright :)

I wanted an update not your life story
That was a detailed update
And it wasnt directly solely at you either... this is why I dont bother with detailed updates... people are too finicky on here
I'll do an Azzydot... not update until complete
@James or @Low Rider can you lock this thread until further notice please :)

Back