Guys....need your helpp pleasee!!!

CMF_funky2nite

» CMF Member
I just refilled up around 60% fuel from a station. And just as I started ok the engine switched off, I have to start it up by touching the gas pedal - that way it starts perfect. But my micra did always start in less than a second with key turned..infact my friends were amazed by it. It is very well kept. Now to start it as it is, I have to touch the gas pedal - that way it starts ok & it remains started ok after a few revs.

I got the fuel filter off emptied it & dark fuel came out of it kind of black colour & fitted it back..still it does the same. I am in doubt about the fuel I gave it.. I have just been told that to empty the tank is not an easy job as it involves the removal of the fuel pump. Any ideas before I do any damage please...My micra has always been in perfect shape, I simply don't wanna ruin it by some bastard fuel station offering dirty fuel.. How can I confirm it is the fuel so I can go to the station and let them know..?

CMF_slugman42

» CMF Member
Hi funky
Its obvious you have bad fuel by the dark colour
To drain the tank remove the plate on the rear floor under the seat & unscrew the big lock ring to remove the tank cap ( it will only come out a few inches & remove the fuel supply & return lines first )then the tank can be drained using a 12v pump from your local accesories store ( a good investment & cheap )
Once the tank is empty ,reassemble the tank cap & lockring,reconnect the supply line ( leave the return ,we will get back to that )
REPLACE the fuel filter & put a few litres of the high grade fuel in the tank,then connect a hose to the return & a container to catch some fuel ,turn on the ignition & when the fuel runs clean switch off the ignition,reconnect the return hose.
Fill your tank with GOOD fuel ( higher octane ,the better)& a bottle of good injector cleaner
If you are still experiencing problems after a week ,you may be looking at a professional injector clean & pressure test
Micras love good fuel, mine run good on 15 degree timing with 98 RON fuel
hope this helps

Back