GRRRRR!! Dead Rabbits!!

DoomPixie

Ex. Club Member
Ok, So me and my g/f were driving into town last night and she sees a dead rabbit on the road and goes to try and avoid running it over but fails to avoid it and clips it with the front wheel (it was dead anyway so not really important) the rabbitwas already really mangled and had been on the road for like 3 days being run over repeatedly, etc. anyway, she drives on and has to pull in for another car to pass and we go to drive off only to find we have a flat! Jack car up, take wheel off, bit of rabbit bone straight through tyre. get spare out only to find that its bald and half flat (should really have checked it and not just believed my g/f when she said it was fine) anyway, put it on and nursed the car down to rapid fit and had two new tyres on the front of the car, the good one from the front is now my spare. £48 for two tyres with fitting and ballancing and tracking and a free brake test. and the tyres have a uneven wear warranty and a puncture warranty. basically the guys there change the tyre for free if anything goes wrong and they check our traciking and wheel ballance for free every month ( all my tyres i get from there because they have really good service and stuff )
anyway, just thought i would warn you that the rabbits are fighting back from beyond the grave!
Owen

lol thats really unlucky rabbit bone piercing the tire! but the tire must of been cheap n almost bare for the bone to pierce or thats one hell of a rabbit! (dunno y but that crazy rabbit from monty python comes to mind lol)

DoomPixie said:
anyway, just thought i would warn you that the rabbits are fighting back from beyond the grave!
Owen

hahahaha lmao!! very unlucky that happened though! Sounds like you've got a good deal with the tyres etc too!

michelin sp7 's (think they said SP7, cant remember) there was about 6mm tread left on the front tyres,they were new all round when i got the car, been replaced with the cheapest tyres i could get now, armstrong eurometric's but i had these on my last micra and they seemed to last forever and didnt lack in grip either.

doom pixie said:
should really have checked it and not just believed my g/f when she said it was fine

come on man, its men who pull that kind of stuf lol, a girl would be like, no way am i driving without a spare, a man would say, it dont matter, you never get punctures...
its was you wasnt it doompixie! your evil has been foiled

nah, wasnt me. If i'd checked it i'd have put the other spare in when i was at her house.. lol.. to be honest she probably just said she had checked it so that she didnt have to take all the stuff out of the boot so that i could check it.

I tend to drive over them but between the wheels to avoid such cruelty, however with my car being so low in tends to act as a poop scoop and just drags them along for a wee while til there's a dip which allows it to get under the front splitter.

SR_Micra_Boy said:
I tend to drive over them but between the wheels to avoid such cruelty, however with my car being so low in tends to act as a poop scoop and just drags them along for a wee while til there's a dip which allows it to get under the front splitter.

thats nasty mate......

:glare: lol

lol, so you have to drive round with a dead bunny trying to find a pot hole in the road to ditch it? lol

shouldn't be a problem with the roads in sunderland lol

SR_Micra_Boy said:

That is nasty!!! Hope u never have to do the same with a badger or fox!!! :D

SR_Micra_Boy said:
Emergency stop me thinks! lol

Wud kill me front bumper!

Yeah it would do. Ruined Nathan's bumper on the green micra after hitting a badger in the dark!!! He wasn't a happy bunny!!!

Thats how i wrecked my front bumper, by hitting a pheasant! Feathers everywhere!!

I killed a cat one time, found it three weeks later in my back bumper, wsn't bonny :)

the lad i bought my first car off then bought a civic next,and he told me he hit a pheasent in it,thought nothing of it til he pulled up and it was stil stuck in the grill,,lmfao

i just brake wen i see one run across,dont swerve cos ide rather hit it than crash tbh

Titch said:
Thats how i wrecked my front bumper, by hitting a pheasant! Feathers everywhere!!

I killed a cat one time, found it three weeks later in my back bumper, wsn't bonny :)

Eugh!!! Three week's u must of smelt it out!!!!!

RIK said:
the lad i bought my first car off then bought a civic next,and he told me he hit a pheasent in it,thought nothing of it til he pulled up and it was stil stuck in the grill,,lmfao

i just brake wen i see one run across,dont swerve cos ide rather hit it than crash tbh

I love animal's so i dunno what i'd do. You'r suppose to hit them tho aren't u than avoid them and cause accidents!!! Not worth thinking about.

sorry ahd to bump this again...as it was my baby micra that doompixie is talking about...
im still bitter about that rabbit!!!
i cant believe it...i only clipped it!

lol, just realised i need to say i wasnt the one who checked the spare tyre lol, it was all doompixie...blame him!

Back