Groan on pull away after braking

Hey guys and girls from a new member.
I hope it's ok to post a question straight after joining but I just bought a little 2004 1.2s after letting go of my 98 almera after over 10 years of faithful trouble free motoring.
My micra is a tidy little motor and I love it's looks and the low cost of getting around in it but when I pull away after braking there's a groaning noise every time and although it only lasts for a second or so it's quite annoying!
I was told it could be the front brakes binding slightly so I stripped them down,cleaned them up but the noise is still there.
Any ideas? Has anyone come across this before?

Love the forum you got here and I think it's going to be a little gold mine of info for me as a micra owner,thanks.

It's as the car moves as I slowly press the accelerator from a standing start after braking.
Just a momentary groan as if something is rubbing then disappears as motion increases.

Stamp hard on the brakes then jack the car up and try and rotate the wheels, if they move freely then it isnt the brakes and at least you can cross that off your list :)

It's as the car moves as I slowly press the accelerator from a standing start after braking.
Just a momentary groan as if something is rubbing then disappears as motion increases.
Try doin the same thing without the air conditioning on... nissans are notorious for having noisy compressors

Back