Dodgy noises under hard braking accelleration

P

Pace

It's most common under hard braking on a bumpy section of road, but occassionally I get loud bangs from what sounds like the suspension. It seems to resonate through the whole body.

I've driven lots of K12s, even ones with a few 100 miles on them and they all do it. Not all the time, just under fairly hard driving, for example braking late up to a bend on rough bumpy tarmac.

I can only assume it's a "characteristic" as I've noticed it on various different cars, all quite new.

Anyone else noticed it?

nismo_k12

Ex. Club Member
The noise is another feature on the k12 the dealer forgot to tell you about! and dont worry you didnt pay extra for the noise as its standard on all models. Just wait till you find the other hidden bangs and squeeks it makes. My favourite it is the squeek from the dashboard...oh and my squeeky seat.

the most annoying noise ive heard the k12 make was on my old one which had a damaged gear box and it used to make a horrible knocking sound when idleing.

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
I posted what makes the noise before but I cant find the thread, the problem is more than likely the sub frame bolts need to be either changed with the modded ones from Nissan or re-aligning any Nissan will be able to do this if there have a 4 post ramp also other symptoms are knocking noise when reversing and when accelerating.

And the squeaky dash is the noise coming from the passenger airbag area? When hot? If so Nissan dealers can fix that.

There are technical bulletins for the 2 above common faults.

And for the noisy seat just use some lube on all the hinges wd40 should
do.

R

RIK

so wen you say modded ones from nissan,they used the wrong ones wen the car is put together and then replace them with new modded ones wen people complain?

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
all nissan has changed on the bolts is the length of the bolt which is suppost to change the clearance, i thought that this was fixed ages ago but it seems like its is still appearing on some new micras also it could be the subframe is out of alignment basically put car on 4 post ramp undo the sub frame bolts and then retighten them or change the bolts one by one with the modded ones,

if that dont fix it then they will have to look at other things but take your car to your local nissan dealer and get it sorted under warranty thats what the warranty is for

and also any interior problems with things like seat fabrics ripping etc get it to nissan before the car is over a year old as you will have more chance to get it done under warranty

OP
OP
P

Pace

The drivetrain does make one single click very often after roughly 5m of driving away from a standstill after having just started off.

The other "loud bang" only happens under extreme circumstances when I'm really pushing on and braking hard. I'll mention it to my service department and see if they've come across it. Not that I'm making any claims to any high level of driving skill, but most K12 Micra drivers wouldn't push the car hard enough to get it to make the noise.

R

RIK

LEEROY_UK said:
yeh i get that click after about a mile too! whats up with that ?

a mile! more like 2m

i think all the 160sr drivers will be pushing it to its limits :D

nismo_k12

Ex. Club Member
hehe guess what im getting next week...yes a 160sr

as well as keeping my k12...the benfits of my dad getting a company car which i can drive

L

LadyNissan

Just reading through the forum and came across this thread. I have started to notice a noise which seems the same fault as mine. I've had the car since March 2004 (53 plate). If the fault is indeed the "sub frame bolts" is this a danger if I do not get them replaced - or merely just a noise nuisance if not replaced.

(Must admit I do not have faith in many garage - generally goes in for one repair and it comes out with another fault!!!).

R

RIK

LadyNissan said:
Just reading through the forum and came across this thread. I have started to notice a noise which seems the same fault as mine. I've had the car since March 2004 (53 plate). If the fault is indeed the "sub frame bolts" is this a danger if I do not get them replaced - or merely just a noise nuisance if not replaced.

(Must admit I do not have faith in many garage - generally goes in for one repair and it comes out with another fault!!!).

probly not your garage fault,its the car ,lol jus keep usin your waranty! get them all sorted :)

the bolts,if you take the car to the garage they wil replace them with shorter ones,as the ones on yours are too long and knock when the suspension drops on heavy breaking and bumps,,,i dont think it is a risk to drive with this happening,BUT it shouldnt do it so ide get it sorted out

The rear engine mounting can shear off too, ive had a few of these. Listen you lot if you really knew the faults I have to deal with on a daily basis you wouldnt be complaining lol. For example to change a stretched timing chain you have to take the engine out as to remove sump pan the gearbox has to come off as it hides bolts holding sump on, Autos are okay the bolts are not in the same place so you can leave engine in place on those.

CKPS (Crank sensor) is the most common fault lately, this has been attributed to anything from kevlar fibres on the flywheel segments, to bad earth from ECM to CKPS and even stretched timing chains can cause this.

VITAL thing is on any K12 is to change the oil regular or the acidity of the dirty oil weakend the chain.

Any more info or help required please dont hesistate to PM me and Ill help where I can ;)

R

RIK

cant pm u yur not official,,

what would you say is regular oil change?

mine just reach 5k,,and im going to get changed tomorow,,then i plan to get changed every 5k and no longer,,i usually do it 4.5k but ive been lazy

R

RIK

after reading thaqt post it got me thinking of k12 promblems,,so i went to a forum wher i know is good info and trustable :D

and in the convo i had it came up that their isa new 2.0ltr diesel engine out and he says it shifts..thats all he said and hetold me not to tell anyone

nismo_k12

Ex. Club Member
2ltr oil burner in a k12?
whats the point?
the 1.5ltr is a rocket mind you. If you get the High Powered version though....only revs to 4-5000rpm though.

R

RIK

dunno what car its going in,,lol he didnt say

he just said they have a new engine out and he drove it but didnt say what car