Grille Modifcation

chipedwood

Ex. Club Member
So, my first car, had it a while and I joined here when I had a problem making it move forward. Since then I have been inspired to do something like you people do with your cars.

So I decided to mesh the grille, problem is, I'm not sure how to cut it out neatly, or how to attach the mesh to the grille for that matter.

So It's prefacelift and looks like this:

28s98uc.jpg

And I want it to look like this:

21acqwh.jpg

What is the best way to go about it, I guess I need to cut out the original part leaving a bit of a lip, then I need to find a way of making the mesh sit nicely.

Any hints?

I think before people have removed the whole of the black part and just put a sheet of mesh behind. Attach mesh with a hot glue gun (what i was doing 10 mins ago lol)

Like this:
n522362324_1042341_5906.jpg

At the moment, mines cut out completely, so there's nothing in the middle. I should probably get out into the garage and get on with it, but I can really close the door because I'll die of the resin fumes, and I can't turn the heater on, because I'll probably blow up.

Best tool is a coping saw.

Here we go!

Not perfect, might try and smooth it out a bit some time, but for now the first stage is done.

2h4x5c0.jpg

See that black mark, that's where somone rode a pushbike on it :(

Back