Greeting from Vancouver

Hi everyone,

Just about to close a deal on a Pao here on the westcoast of Canada. I really wanted a 5 speed with the rag top but ran across an auto hardtop RHD Pao that has some minor front end damage and great deal (needs a new grill, headlight and maybe radiator).

Question: how easy is it to swap a micra motor with 5 speed into a Pao with automatic. I've pulled aircooled VW motors and know my way around a workshop. Obviously I'd need a clutch pedal etc.

Any advice/tips appreciated.

Hi and welcome Adrian, It's good to have another PAO owner on board. I 'm in the learning stages about these cars as well. They seem to be very straight forward and well put together. I also ordered a Haynes repair manual for Nissan Micra, 1983-1993 on Ebay. I should be quite helpful because the Micra shares many mechanical components with the PAO. Good luck and have fun with your new toy.

Regards,
Mark

Hi Adrian, I am also in Vancouver and also have a Pao. Did you ever get anywhere on your 5 spd swap? if so, I am looking for a auto transmission - ok if for parts too, I am going to rebuild mine. let me know.

Konrad

Back