Gramatical trouble

B

Ben

Forgive my ignorance but it has been a while since i studied English, basically i have a sentance which im totally confused with. What i am trying to say is that this certain thing occurs in the texts and also the film. This is the sentance i came up with but im struggling with the apostrophies and stuff. Theres two texts and one film.

The sentance reads:

This feature includes both the text's, and the film's form of expression and utterance, as well as the processing of the language in the caribbean area in its plot as a theme.

Now i think it might be this:

This feature includes both the text's, and the films form of expression and utterance, as well as the processing of the language in the caribbean area in its plot as a theme.

any ideas lol

From what I can remember:

This feature includes both the text's and the film's form of expression and utterance, as well as the processing of the language in the caribbean area as a theme in its plot.

Big_ben said:
This feature includes both the text's, and the films form of expression and utterance, as well as the processing of the language in the caribbean area in its plot as a theme.

This feature includes both the texts, and the film's form of expression and utterance, as well as the processing of the language in the caribbean area in its plot as a theme.

english degree lol

but, just to be picky, the final section of the phrase is not grammatically correct as it is simply an adverbial without a predicate or conjunction linking it to the first part of the phrase.

Layla said:
This feature includes both the texts, and the film's form of expression and utterance, as well as the processing of the language in the caribbean area in its plot as a theme.

english degree lol

but, just to be picky, the final section of the phrase is not grammatically correct as it is simply an adverbial without a predicate or conjunction linking it to the first part of the phrase.

haha a was trying to get ian to get u to do it on msn las night, what should the whole phrase be?

text's should have an ' for the same reason tht film's has one as it is the form of expression belonging to the text.

Layla said:

english degree lol

What she said.(Y)

Craig said:
text's should have an ' for the same reason tht film's has one as it is the form of expression belonging to the text.

so u reckon it should be:

This feature includes both the text's, and the film's form of expression and utterance, as well as the processing of the language in the caribbean area in its plot as a theme.

??

Craig said:
From what I can remember:

This feature includes both the text's and the film's form of expression and utterance, as well as the processing of the language in the caribbean area as a theme in its plot.

I think it should be this, you should neve rhave a comma before and unless you are putting it into a subordiante clause IMO.

Big_ben said:

any ideas lol

Spot the difference eh?

Spot the difference eh?

2 can play at that game o_O

Back